Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 18:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Last week of Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Last week of Prep [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2005, 12:57
Hi everyone,
I'm scheduled to take the test on the 29th. I would appreciate some advice on what to do in the next 5-6 days. I am going to take the GMATPrep tests and the last PR CAT. I am also planning on finishing the Kap800 math. I'm working SCs from the 1000 SC doc. I've done some LSAT for the CR but it doesn't seem to help. My probability/perm/comb skills are not too good. Should i work on them? What else can i do?

My target score is 700+; I don't know if that's possible since my test scores don't look very promising. Here are the test scores in the order in which I took them:

Powerprep 2: 640 (beginning of prep)
Kaplan Online: 670
Kap CAT 1: 570
Kap CAT 2: 620
Kap CAT 3: 550
Kap CAT 4: 590
PR CAT1: 650
PR CAT2: 640
PR CAT 3: 690 (today)

What score do you think i can expect?

I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2005, 15:07
I think your scores are pretty good. From what I have heard you can score about 100 points more than Kaplan. Also you might want to use GMATprep as an indicator of where u will end up. I am taking the test on the 28th. So good luck to both of us.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2005, 15:49
Thanks nickdawg. I took the first GMATPrep test today, and scored a 770 (despite the fact that i got 10 wrong in quant and 6 wrong in verbal). I think this is a little skewed since several questions were taken from OG. Is this still a decent indicator? (I will be happy with 60 pts less than that).

Good luck !! How are you approaching your last week of prep?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2005, 18:53
Hi yb, perhaps you should keep working on ALL the OG questions. I think that on the last few days before the GMAT, it would be best to touch on the REAL questions as mauch as possible. And perhpas go thru the error log.

I am perhaps not the best person to advice you since I have not done my GMAT yet. But I am definately eagerly waiting to hear good news of your score because I model my study strategy pretty much like yours. Except that I am probably 1 month behind your pace.

On LSAT, do you mind sharing which is a good book I should buy? I will be checking out borders after work today. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2005, 19:00
Thanks Vic.

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to practicing too much from the LSAT. I think Arco and Peterson are recommended.
  [#permalink] 24 Nov 2005, 19:00