Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 21:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Late Recommendations

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Late Recommendations [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2007, 03:16
Do business schools take it against the applicant if his/her application is submitted on time, but the recommenders submit their letters late? If they send later than the deadline, is the applicant automatically relegated to the next application round? I think this is slightly unfair for the applicant - after all he/she can't control when the recommender decides to send the letter even if he/she gives reminders.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2007, 04:34
It depends on the school. Some actually have rec due dates several days after application. Others provide a little leeway, especially if you call. I forget who but someone had a person with a late rec for MIT. Normally MIT requires recs ontime but he called and talked to them and they were willing to accept it.
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

[#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2007, 04:53
Most probably I will have to do the talking as the Tuck deadline is on 14th and I am very sure one of my recommendation will not make it in time :(
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2007, 10:08
riverripper wrote:
It depends on the school. Some actually have rec due dates several days after application. Others provide a little leeway, especially if you call. I forget who but someone had a person with a late rec for MIT. Normally MIT requires recs ontime but he called and talked to them and they were willing to accept it.

that was me.........Yes you can talk to them...but make sure that your recommender at least started the process. That was the main reason mine was accepted.
FYI, my reco came in 48 hrs after the deadline, but the app was still accepted.
Alternatively, you can call the school tomorrow and let them know that your recommender was caught up with something unexpected and thus the letter will be delayed
  [#permalink] 11 Nov 2007, 10:08