It may be time for a career change...any input on where I stand would be greatly appreciated.
- 3 years at one of the largest local pd's in the country (southwest us)
- solid career progression with assignments that includes investigations of homicides, gang activities and narcotics
-enlisted military reservist for 3 years
- 3.5 @ Rutgers (BA)
- 3.5 @ John Jay Collge (MPA)
Did not complete the MPA at John Jay because I moved out of state
- avid runner
- volunteer at a couple local organizations
- involved in alumni association
Short term: transition to a consulting career
Long term: entrepreneurial ventures
- Wharton, Yale SOM, Darden, Duke, Columbia.
Any thoughts or advice are welcome. It is kind of tough to find information on people trying to make the jump like I am.
An unusual background can often be a plus. The trick is to identify what you learned from your PD and military experience and tie it into your goals. What kind of consulting do you want to do? What kind of entrepreneurial ventures do you seek to establish? How will an MBA help you achieve these goals? What leadership skills have you developed and how will these translate to your future career? Based on your stats, your target schools are OK. But I wonder about the fit between your specific goals and the schools, which is a major factor, especially for Columbia.
Subscribe to our Blog
Join Us on Facebook
Follow Accepted on Twitter