Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I thought I'd start this thread so that those of us on the waitlist could commiserate together as well as swap strategies and moves we may be able to use to get off this dreaded status and attain the Admitted status we worked so hard to achieve.
Current student bsd_lover has posted a few links which we can start off with:
i just wanted everyone to know, for the benefit of the forum, that I emailed LBS in regards to the May 14th review. I wasn't sure if we would hear on the 14th of the results (meaning those who got off the waitlist would hear on the 14th) or if they were just doing the review on the 14th and we would hear of the results on a later date.
Sorry to throw cold water on your hopes lakai - from my experience, the "real" movement will occur in June. Another month to go . The most likely response will be "Sorry but you're still on the list". I think it depends on the the big deposit day payment. Most people commit one way or the other when they pay the 6000 bucks.
i'm not sure what calling would achieve. however, if you wanted to have another recommendation sent in, I would call to ask who to send it in to.
hi lakai, thanks for starting the thread. I will surely contract my recommended, tell him about my status and hopefully he will put a good word if he will be asked again. LBS specific message was: "We do not require you to send any extra information unless we specifically contact you ourselves." For me is not clear if they just "not require" or simply "not accept", so I will contact the school first and I will ask directly if they accept and what type the information would be helpful. Maybe sometime it pays off just to have patience and wait, as bsd_lover did ...
here's my opinion: - apart from informing my interviewer, I think my approach would be a passive one for now; I won't be sending any update to the adcom unless there's a really major change in my profile. an additional reco/cover letter might actually hurt my application if seen as a desperate move or with no significant impact. - I don't think there's much I can do other than waiting, setting the right expectations and keeping an eye on alternatives.
PS: i assumed from the dreaded email that we are kept on that list by default; no need to confirm back.
A waitlisted candidate asked me this. Posting here for everyone's benefit :
i bsd, hope u are able to answer my query...
after each review, a waitlister will get: 1. an admit, 2. another review, or 3. ding (is this scenario highly likely?)
the reason i'm asking this is that i'm really sold on LBS and i dont mind waiting another year for the 2013 programme if i can get a decent chance of landing the deferred admit...
many thanks in advance!!
The most likely option is option 2. You will keep getting re-waitlisted. The "real" review will happen closer to when the "big deposit" get paid (or not paid) at which time it becomes clearer who exactly will come and who wont. Its unlikely that the dings will come until before the very end. If your heart is set on LBS and you keep waiting till the end, you may get the opportunity to get a deferred admit for 2013 or a special consideration for 2013. By then, many waitlisted candidates, frustrated by the wait move on to other schools they have been admitted to.
Hello everyone, I have a rather naive question but I am not sure I understand what BSD and others seem to say: candidates currently on the wait list may eventually get a deferred admit for 2013 ? As in "congratulations you're in, only next year" and without requiring to submit a new file, sit another interview, and refresh your screen for hours on the results' d day :D ? If so, I would be very interested in knowing what is recommended to obtain this invitation! Also, on what ground do you think sending an extra reference letter from a student/alumni will make a material impact on our current wait list status ? I do have the possibility to do that but I am wondering if it would not be more beneficial to keep that card close to my vest for now and eventually use it should I have to reapply next year. In others words, as much as I would love to get in now I am trying to find the right balance between throwing my whole weight at the "wait list" situation vs keeping some dry powder for next year should I need to reapply. What do you guys think ? One last question: reapplicants have Essay 7 to write on what they did to improve their application, is there anything else to it ? Specifically, do reapplicants need to provide two reference letters from different people than the first time ? If you have any questions let me know either on this thread or PM as I would be happy to help other fellow applicants in any way I can. Cheers. B
Well folks there are no guarantees in life. You WILL need to submit a new resume and at least one or two waitlist updates showing continual improvements and commitment (as you should note from my story). Who knows it may be tougher than ever this year with a higher number of applications and reported waitlists..
and without requiring to submit a new file, sit another interview, and refresh your screen for hours on the results' d day :D ?
http://blog.ryandumlao.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/IMG_20130807_232118.jpg The GMAT is the biggest point of worry for most aspiring applicants, and with good reason. It’s another standardized test when most of us...