Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS & 550 GMAT advice!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

LBS & 550 GMAT advice!! [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 02:28
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to thank the people from this forum, you can find really good material and advice.

I have one question regarding my application to the LBS already sent.

I have been preparing for the GMAT for 9 months and I take the exam twice. Both times I got 550 :? :? I am not a native speaker and the most difficult part for me is the verbal. I have been working on this part pretty hard but I could not get higher than 25 the day of the exam.

Despite my low score I have continue with my plans and apply for the full-time MBA from the LBS. I think that I have a quite different profile from the rest of the applicants and "story to tell". I have almost 9 years of experience in the biotech industry. I have a PhD and a new company was set up based on my findings (8 mill were raised from private investors). I have been involved in a variety of roles from Research and Development areas to more business development roles such as project licensing and fund raising. I have several publications in books and peer review journals. I have also been granted with several scholarships and graduated with Max Cum Laudem. Moreover, I have been quite active, I have attended two events one organized in Madrid and another in London and met part of the admission committee.

Do you think I have any chance to enter despite my low GMAT score?

Many thanks guys

All the best!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: GMAT Prepster and Stratus Prep
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 4

Re: LBS & 550 GMAT advice!! [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 10:04
You always have a shot, especially with your unique background. I would keep up the work on the GMAT though, it wouldn't hurt to improve your score...

If my response helps, please add throw me a kudos.

Jim Kernan is the Director of GMAT Operations at Stratus Prep and author of GMAT Materials for GMAT Prepster.

Re: LBS & 550 GMAT advice!!   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2013, 10:04