Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS Exec MBA - September 2012 EMBA Intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-22-2012
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 467 [0], given: 217

LBS Exec MBA - September 2012 EMBA Intake [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2012, 10:23
Hello everyone - I am bit confused as what to do as far as applying to Exec MBA in LBS or Full time MBA in INSEAD or IMD is concerned.

A brief summary of my profile

Sex : M
Nationality : BRITISH
Work Experience : 12 Years
Domain : IT Consulting.
Senior Management Exp: 8 Years
International Experience: 9 years
Other Activites: Organiser for the aid transfer to Chernobyl Children's Trust.
GMAT--> Aiming for 700.
GPA: Low GPA

What do you suggest after seeing my profile? After doing my MBA I want to settle in India. Also, at time point of my career what do you guys suggest will be the good option (Exec or Full Time)? If I go for an Exec MBA, I will go for LBS because of 3 reasons: I live in London,Financial and Networking.

Before I decide I would like to ask you whether

LBS helps its Exec MBA students to find a job? I am not saying that they have to find me a job, but do they help? Also, can someone throw some light on GMAT? And how much weightage does it carry in LBS Exec MBA program and what do you think will be the minimal score that I need to get? I also sent my CV to LBS Exec MBA admissions office and the response I received is "It's a good fit for the class". I hope its not a standard response that they send to everyone ;-)

Also, can someone please comment will it make much of a difference if someone apply by 2nd deadline rather than first in LBS Exec MBA? I say this because I am taking my GMAT on 13th March 2012 and the 1st deadline is on 3rd March 12.

Your comments will be much appreciated guys. I need your help.

Best Regards,
E.

MGMAT 1 --> 530
MGMAT 2--> 640
MGMAT 3 ---> 610 :-(

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
LBS Exec MBA - September 2012 EMBA Intake   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2012, 10:23