Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 23:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS International Exchange - full alumni status

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

LBS International Exchange - full alumni status [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 10:18
Hi all,

can you please advise which of the following schools offer full alumni status to the LBS MBA students going on exchange?

See the file attachment.

Thanks!

UPDATE:
File removed as it could be subject for change. For more information, please contact a member of the LBS admissions.

Last edited by libraal on 11 Apr 2012, 12:46, edited 3 times in total.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: LBS International Exchange - full alumni status [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 08:37
Columbia offers full alumni status and Chicago booth offers part alumni status (not sure what part means - although I seem to still have access to the booth portal and their alumni directory). I'm dont think Kellogg offers full alumni status as you seem to indicate with the bold font. Perhaps a current student can clarify this further.

libraal wrote:
Hi all,

can you please advise which of the following schools offer full alumni status to the LBS MBA students going on exchange?

Those schools in bold do offer full status:
HEC Paris School of Management, France
IESE Business School, Spain
SDA Bocconi School of Management, Italy
WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Germany
Australian Graduate School of Management, Australia
China Europe International Business School, China
Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
Fudan University, China
The University of Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China
Hitotsubashi University, The Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy, Japan
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India
Indian School of Business, India
Keio University, Japan
Melbourne Business School, Australia
Anderson School at UCLA
Columbia Business School
Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business
Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Leonard Stern School of Business, New York University
MIT Sloan School of Management
Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
University of Chicago Graduate School of Business (GSB)
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Brazil
IAE, Argentina
IPADE Business School, Mexico

Thanks!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Re: LBS International Exchange - full alumni status [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 11:58
bsd_lover wrote:
Columbia offers full alumni status and Chicago booth offers part alumni status (not sure what part means - although I seem to still have access to the booth portal and their alumni directory). I'm dont think Kellogg offers full alumni status as you seem to indicate with the bold font. Perhaps a current student can clarify this further.

Thanks bsd_lover!
Can you please also elaborate what are the perks of having the full alumni status and whether it differs school by school?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: LBS International Exchange - full alumni status [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 12:26
Honestly I am not the best person to answer this since I didnt go to a school that provides full alum access. From Booth (where I went) I do get some access i.e. I have their email address for life, I also have access to their alum database and am personally a part of their alum database. I don't have access to their career services or jobs portal any more (I did have access during the period of exchange). I also didn't have access to any on-campus recruiting (off campus was fine). This is considered merely "partial alumni status", presumably full alumni status will give you more access. I'm not sure what else matters beyond these. I would however, be careful of going on exchange purely to get alumni status. Exchange is a rather big trade off and I've posted some details about what things to consider in one of the LBS threads. Look it up for more details.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 4

Re: LBS International Exchange - full alumni status [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 12:49
This post received
KUDOS
bsd_lover wrote:
Honestly I am not the best person to answer this since I didnt go to a school that provides full alum access. From Booth (where I went) I do get some access i.e. I have their email address for life, I also have access to their alum database and am personally a part of their alum database. I don't have access to their career services or jobs portal any more (I did have access during the period of exchange). I also didn't have access to any on-campus recruiting (off campus was fine). This is considered merely "partial alumni status", presumably full alumni status will give you more access. I'm not sure what else matters beyond these. I would however, be careful of going on exchange purely to get alumni status. Exchange is a rather big trade off and I've posted some details about what things to consider in one of the LBS threads. Look it up for more details.

Great, found it!
the-london-business-school-2010-thread-78838-960.html#p697980
Re: LBS International Exchange - full alumni status   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2012, 12:49