Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Design (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.28
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
aquarian2010 wrote:
Dear All,
I am a round 2 applicant working on my application currently. Can someone guide if a 3.2 GPA is low and needs explanation in the academic performance section? And even if its not low, how does one explain that it's a good indicator of success in the programme? Any guidance is much appreciated!

Aquarian,
Is this your real GPA or a converted one?
If it is a converted one, I would not trust this conversion much.
My converted GPA is 3.28 and I have been offered a place.
My undergrad and postgrad scores in the Brazilian system were considered very high by the LBS interviewer.

How does your performance compares to your classmates and students in your country?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: LBS (London): Calling all Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
xyeek wrote:
aquarian2010 wrote:
Dear All,
I am a round 2 applicant working on my application currently. Can someone guide if a 3.2 GPA is low and needs explanation in the academic performance section? And even if its not low, how does one explain that it's a good indicator of success in the programme? Any guidance is much appreciated!

3.2 seems low. If in doubt, you should probably explain. Better explaining than leaving the adcom to make their own assumptions about you.

For the indicator of success, you'll probably want to point to what you've done which shows you have the capability of achieving good grades e.g. a high GMAT score, passing CFA, getting a good grade in a course post your undergrad degree etc.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

It does. Thanks xyeek.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
niddy wrote:
aquarian2010 wrote:
Dear All,

Aquarian,
My undergrad and postgrad scores in the Brazilian system were considered very high by the LBS interviewer.

How does your performance compares to your classmates and students in your country?

Hi niddy,

Its converted from a scale of 10..its actually 7.92/10. To be honest, its an average GPA, as compared to my classmates. Should be in the top 25%. I guess I'll have to explain it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aquarian2010 wrote:
niddy wrote:
aquarian2010 wrote:
Dear All,

Aquarian,

Hi niddy,

Its converted from a scale of 10..its actually 7.92/10. To be honest, its an average GPA, as compared to my classmates. Should be in the top 25%. I guess I'll have to explain it.

I guess so... Mine is also in a scale of 10, but it is 8.2 and I also got a 9.18 in a scale of 10 on my postgrad studies...
But I see you have a 700+ GMAT score, which is a strong indicator of performance, do not make much drama on your GPA! Simple and honest explanation!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.94
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any Indian applicants in R1 who got an interview call? Could you please share your profile...
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Highlights of the professional student-led events of the first half autumn term 2015
The student clubs at London Business host regular social, cultural and community based events. Examples from the first half of the  autumn term include LBS for London , the brand new LatAm Party, The Manhattan Short Film Festival , LBS Shares and the legendary Diwali Party. The list below will give you a flavour of […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Highlights of the professional student-led events from the first half of the autumn term 2015
The student clubs at London Business host regular social, cultural and community based events. Examples from the first half of the  autumn term include LBS for London , the brand new LatAm Party, The Manhattan Short Film Festival , LBS Shares and the legendary Diwali Party. The list below will give you a flavour of […]

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Schools: Ivey '19 (I)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Dear all,
Any re-applicants here? Does somebody know how should re-applicant address the questions: can I reuse some parts of my essays from the last year’s application? My values and long-term targets remained pretty much the same, and I was waitlisted last year, thus I believe that I had at least couple of good thoughts there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are there any Indian applicants admitted in R1?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
Schools: LBS '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
i received this reply on my profile evaluation

"Having now reviewed your CV, I can confirm that your experience is on the right track to meeting the admissions requirements but still at the lighter end for the MBA. In order to submit a competitive application, I would advise you to consider applying for the 2017 or 2018 intake. In the meantime, I would recommend that you continue to strengthen your professional experience."

Should i apply this year or wait?

My GMAT is 720.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
ss0411 wrote:
Any Indian applicants in R1 who got an interview call? Could you please share your profile...

25 yo/IIT/750 GMAT/Working in Dubai with a bank ... pls feel free to connect
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
aquarian2010 wrote:
Are there any Indian applicants admitted in R1?

I am.

You do not need to convert your CGPA. 7.92 is good and Adcoms would know about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gauravkaushik8591 wrote:

"Having now reviewed your CV, I can confirm that your experience is on the right track to meeting the admissions requirements but still at the lighter end for the MBA. In order to submit a competitive application, I would advise you to consider applying for the 2017 or 2018 intake. In the meantime, I would recommend that you continue to strengthen your professional experience."

My GMAT is 720.

When does your GMAT score expires?
Any strong reason to apply this year? Can you convince them this is the right time?

In your place, I would wait 1 or 2 years as they recommended, but those aspects I've mentioned may affect your decision.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: MFA Brochure – Live
We are pleased to announce that the Masters in Financial Analysis brochure is now available to download on our website. If you are thinking of applying it will help you in your research to make sure this is the right programme in the right environment for you. You will be able to find out more about the […]

Director
Director
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Highlights of the professional student-led events from the first half of the autumn term 2015

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
Schools: LBS '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
niddy wrote:
gauravkaushik8591 wrote:

My GMAT is 720.

Any strong reason to apply this year? Can you convince them this is the right time?

In your place, I would wait 1 or 2 years as they recommended, but those aspects I've mentioned may affect your decision.

No theres absolutely nothing thats stopping me from waiting for two years. But whats the legitimacy of the evaluation is what i want to know?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gauravkaushik8591 wrote:
niddy wrote:
gauravkaushik8591 wrote:

My GMAT is 720.

No theres absolutely nothing thats stopping me from waiting for two years. But whats the legitimacy of the evaluation is what i want to know?

I think they are just saying you will have more chances later... Taking into consideration that they have already analyzed R1 applications, it is certainly a well grounded advice.
But... I was advised by people on forums that my GMAT score was a stretch for LBS (althought LBS has never said something like this to me, they said it was competitive) and I have been admitted.
It is always up to you as a CV does not represent a whole application and we cannot guess how will R2 be.
Why don't you try starting your application by now and see how it goes until the deadline?
It will at least be a great preparation!

Originally posted by niddy on 02 Dec 2015, 09:42.
Last edited by niddy on 02 Dec 2015, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts