Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Oct 2014, 23:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 13:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everybody,

I just got an offer from LBS for the MiM 2013. I also have one from ESSEC, for their Advanced Master in Strategy and Management of International Business, with 4 months at ESSEC Singapore, 4 months at Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona and a 4 to 6 month internship.
I feel very attracted by both of these programs, but i need to make a decision, that's why I'm wondering what you guys think.

I would like to first work in a Strategy Consulting firm, then to find an opportunity in another industry (aerospace?) as a manager.

I am French, 24, just graduate from a top-ranked Aerospace engineering school in France, and did a one-year internship in the USA as a logistics analyst for Schenker inc, Aerospace Division.

Thanks for your help :-)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,
I have a question for you gargouze, if you can help a little bit. Can you tell me your GMAT score, that made you enter the LBS and ESSEC ??
I think ESSEC SMIB will be good,as it is going on for a long time and has always maintained a top position
Thanks in advance.

vic
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 13:24
Hi Vicky,

I got 730 at the GMAT. I got offers from both schools and I am now at LBS. But I discussed with the admission team and the GMAT is not too important, compared to other criteria (your essays, interview...).
The SMIB is probably a good programme, but I don't regret my choice at all. The MiM is a new programme but it is good (it's gonna be ranked in one or two years) and LBS is one of the best business schools in the world. We network with MBAs and enjoy London's life and an outstanding student life, which you will not find at ESSEC.

If you need more info about LBS just let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2013, 14:25
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, LBS is also a brand name that you get. Good choice. Tell me, as you are studying at LBS what is the the minimum GMAT score you have in your batch??? And have you been offered any scholarship to study???It will help me in my estimation.
thanks again.
-Vic
Re: LBS MiM vs. ESSEC SMIB   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2013, 14:25