Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS R2 vs. R3

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
LBS R2 vs. R3 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2007, 14:15
I'm wondering if my chances at admission will be signicantly reduced if I apply R3 instead of R2. I planned on taking the GMAT on Jan. 5, 2008...however their deadline for R2 is Jan. 4, 2008. Maybe I should just move my test date back a bit? Although it would really help me if I could apply R3 without being seriously hurt.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: LBS R2 vs. R3 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2007, 15:37
Hi Victory,

This applies to most schools, R3 is always a LOT tougher to get in compared to R2. Perhaps you can finish your application and get some sort of dispensation to submit your gmat a day late ? I dont think that it would be a big issue if you submit your gmat a day late.

However the stress of the application could distract you from your GMAT exam performance. I think you are in a bit of a bind because of poor timing of the GMAT :(

Good luck.

VictoryMBA wrote:
I'm wondering if my chances at admission will be signicantly reduced if I apply R3 instead of R2. I planned on taking the GMAT on Jan. 5, 2008...however their deadline for R2 is Jan. 4, 2008. Maybe I should just move my test date back a bit? Although it would really help me if I could apply R3 without being seriously hurt.
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2007, 01:50
I concur bsd's opinion. R3 is suicidal. Please don't apply to R# unless you are absolutely sure that school cannot ding you. I would definitely suggest you to defer this to next year and concentrate on your GMAT now if its ok with you. Or else, spaek to the admissions committe and tell them you will be sending your gmat score 2-3 days later and apply on jan 4. Application and GMAT simultaneously, hmm, very difficult but possible.
Good luck .
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2007, 04:38
I asked the adcom the same question and they replied that there is no difference between R2 and R3 (and therefore I also decided to delay my application).
We'll see what happens no :-)
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS '10

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS R2 vs. R3 [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2008, 12:55
Don't forget that there's a R4 at LBS...

So R3 isn't as suicidal as others, but still, less preferable to R1 + R2...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS R2 vs. R3 [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2008, 07:36
VictoryMBA wrote:

just came across this question...

Schools normally accept GMAT score that are submitted in the week following a round's deadline
Re: LBS R2 vs. R3   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2008, 07:36