Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS vs UCLA Anderson for Tech Banking or PEVC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

LBS vs UCLA Anderson for Tech Banking or PEVC [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 06:02
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone,

I'm deliberating whether to enroll at LBS with $$ or UCLA Anderson with $$$. My post-MBA goal is to combine passions for investments and technology and join tech banking, or possibly even PE/VC (I understand it's challenging to get into PE/VC from any school w/o prior PE/VC experience). Arguably best tech banking is in San Francisco, Menlo Park, perhaps NYC, and maybe London. Largest tech PE/VC community I would guess is in the Silicon Valley. To join good PE/VC shop seems I would have to at least recruit into bulge bracket banking post-MBA. UCLA Anderson is closer to technology hotbed, and LBS has stronger brand and hence statistically higher chance of placement into top tier firms. Which one would you recommend? I understand there are a multitude of other factors that might affect my decision and would be happy to consider them.

Thank you!!

Last edited by TMO on 19 Jul 2014, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 38

Re: LBS vs UCLA Anderson for Tech Banking or PEVC [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 07:08
Tell us more about you. Are you an American or an EU citizen ? I think depending on your answer I must say go to UCLA or LBS. Its hard enough to get a job due to competition , why make it more difficult to also fight work restrictions.
In case you are from Asia, I must say, go to UCLA. The US job market is more receptive to foreigners right now.

All being equal, I do believe that UCLA and the USA in general are better places for getting into PE or VC. However, in life, things are not equal so you need to think about the pros and cons.

Last edited by Ivan91 on 18 Jul 2014, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
Re: LBS vs UCLA Anderson for Tech Banking or PEVC   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2014, 07:08