Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 08:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 05:34
Hi All,

I've got an admit from the Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado at Boulder for the full time MBA starting Fall 2009. I know it's not the best known, but could anyone share their thoughts on the prospects of this school?

Anyone else with an admit, please do get in touch - let's share our experiences.

Thanks.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 05:54
Congrats!!! From what I know, Leeds is a very good regional business school. Strong recruiting in Denver and the west. If I am not mistaking they also have a decent entrepreneurial program and a strong focus on sustainable business. Don't know how strong the are in the tradition GM, MC and IB fields.

Boulder is a GREAT town. I used to live in Colorado Springs and spent a bunch of time in Boulder. If you like the outdoors (hiking, biking, etc) this is the place for you. If you like to ski there is no other business school that I can think of that is as close to some of the best sking in the world. From Boulder you are about 60 minutes from Breckenridge, Keystone and A Basin, about 90 minutes from Vail, and about 2 hours from Aspen. For $500 you can get a season pass for Breck, A Basin and Keystone plus 10 days at Vail. When I lived in the Springs, I would go skiing every weekend. Anyway, even if you don't ski, there is still lots of great things to do in Boulder.
Intern
Intern

Re: Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2009, 06:08
Thanks domtri33! I am aware of a lot that you have said, but another's stamp of approval sure helps :)

I have, in fact, visited Boulder once and the location had me completely sold. It's the most scenic of any campus I can imagine. I am quite interested in their Entrepreneurship track and have a growing interest in sustainability - a major reason for me applying here in the first place. However, I'd also like to focus on Marketing.

Thanks again for sharing!
Intern
Intern

Re: Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2010, 18:24
did you end up going to leeds? I am currently considering going there and would like to get some insight... it is clearly a beautiful place with lots going on, especially of the outdoor variety... Boulder seems very entrepreneurial as well with so many local shops and a rising tech startup scene
Intern
Intern

Re: Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 18:20
Hi guys, I just got an AD from Leeds as well. Can you share your experience a bit more? and how about the job intern and opportunity for international students? Thanks~~
Re: Leeds MBA admit 2009 - Univ. of Colorado at Boulder   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2014, 18:20