Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 19:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Less than expected verbal score on GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Less than expected verbal score on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 22:37
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

I took the GMAT exam this week and got a less than expected GMAT score. I was practicing with Manhattan GMAT and 800Score practice tests and was consistently getting a verbal score between 35 and 40. I have scored as low as 32 and as high as 43 in these practice tests. I used to time my tests and almost always completed the verbal section with 1-2 minutes to spare.

On the GMAT, however, I scored 24 on the verbal section. I do not know what caused me to under perform on the exam. Is there anybody who has been through a similar experience? What did you do to improve the verbal score? What other practice tests you took? Do you know which test scores are more indicative of the actual GMAT verbal score?

Thanks!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Less than expected verbal score on GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 23:37
Hi DiegoG,
I have seen that the verbal score in manhattan CAT is little above than the verbal score that one get in GMAT prep. At least i have this experience. In GMAT prep its a little 7-8 score less. I dont know is it only with me or happens with others also. However as GMAt prep is the best, its more or less that you score in the real exam. I am still to figure out how to improve based on the GMAT prep verbal score. Any suggestion is welcome and about 800 score havent taken yet so cant comment on it.
Regards,
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Less than expected verbal score on GMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 20:39
Same thing happened to me man! I got around 720 on both MGMT and GMATPrep and got a 27 on my real GMAT verbal score. Super concerned. Where can I find more realistic 600-to-800-level verbal questions?
Re: Less than expected verbal score on GMAT   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2011, 20:39