Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Let me know your opinion Please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 43

Let me know your opinion Please [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 11:42
I'm a senior in college, and about to register for my final term of classes in the spring of 2011. My Quant classes are as followed. MAJOR is B.S in Finance, heavily weighed on Quant.

-Math Prob & Stat's 131
-OMG 321 Operations Mang.
-OMG 322 Business Statistics

I was considering in adding either Calculus, or Linear Algebra. I don't know if any top ten schools looks for these types of courses or if it looks better in my application.

I know Carnigie Mellon wants to see Linear Algebra, UCLA want's to see some calculus.
My goal is to enter to get in a top 10 full time MBA program. Let me know what you think.
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 100

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 20

Re: Let me know your opinion Please [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 15:30
Hey, laythesmack:

Just one opinion, so I'd be interested to see what others have to say, too, but I know that I've seen quite a few schools have prerequisites of at least one semester of calculus, so if you need to fulfill that requirement I'd recommend taking some calculus.

While many schools don't explicitly require calculus, they often want to see it, and as an example Yale even has an "opt out" policy of either a very high quant GMAT or a calculus background, or you'll be required to take a "Math Boot Camp". Because schools do have a strong preference, if not requirement, for a working knowledge of calculus, I'd recommend taking care of that while you can!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian

Save $100 on live Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Let me know your opinion Please   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2010, 15:30