Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:36 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1479 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Eternal Intern
Send PM
I don't agree [#permalink]
Lincoln,

There are only so many difficult GMAT questions. Most of them are not that difficult. If you took the SAT and GRE, the math experience is along those lines.

RC(s) you can't really prepare for, to me, it's easy for a native speaker, but you'll just have to read to figure it out, not that dificult.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SC [#permalink]
Curly,

I have no problem with Math at all. (I scored 800 on GRE Math seven years ago, and have taken many graduate level math classes. IтАЩd wish they test calculus, linear algebra, and abstract algebra in GMAT :-)

I am also good at RC, and CR. Just not good at sentence correction which has a lot to do with grammar and idiomsтАж
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Did you have htat email address or you just created it?

it woudl be funny if you had it :wink:

If you don't mind, aren't you supposed to take GRE for science program? or did they give you a choice and you decided you can screw the bus. applicants easier than science?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi [#permalink]
BB,
I created that email account a few days ago when I decided to take GMAT. It is a good name, except I haven't got any email yet. It seems substance is more important a pure impressive name :-)

I took GRE seven years ago to enter my current graduate school. Now, that I am graduating with a PhD in Computer Science, I am planning ahead for my next (and the final) educational move. I have contacted Stanford GSB, they told me that they must reqire a GMAT score, no matter what degree you have. I guess the same must be true for Harvard.

I strongly believe in "two brains are better than one" philosophy. Here, American students seem to be very independent and don't value collaboration a lot. In my experience, it has been truely helpful to learn from each other in order to conquer tough exams like GMAT.
Eternal Intern
Send PM
If you need help [#permalink]
What questions do you have, do you have a job yet?
MBAS is for mgt?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
job [#permalink]
Hi,
I have one $100,000 and other lesser ones lined up for me. I am preparing for MBA test now NOT because I don't have a job or lack of Visa status. I just think that in the long run, a prestigious MBA would help me, and it has been a dream for me to go to Harvard. I want to achieve it if there is a chance so that I don't regret later in my life.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
So, is it PHD or MBA? or you are shooting for both?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PhD & MBA [#permalink]
BB,
I am currently enrolled in a PhD program and will earn this degree
by next December.

Just plan ahead for a possible MBA a few years from now. I want to get the test done now because it is the best timing for me: I am still at school and know how to take exams.

So, yes, I am getting a PhD soon, and shooting for an MBA a few years down the road.
GMAT Club Bot
PhD & MBA [#permalink]