Just finished my GMAT Yesterday, Got 770 ( V 46, Q 49 ).
I am B.E. ( Comp Engg ) from Top India University ( Topper in College )
5 Years Experience in IBM, Last 3 1/2 Years in US.
I am planning to apply for HBS, Wharton, Stanford, Kellogg, MIT Sloan.
1. Hows my profile for these Schools ?
2. Should I add / remove some schools ?
3. Do I need a TOEFL Score ? I have been in US for last 3 and half years, will that suffice for TOEFL ?
4. What is the best place to get information about the different things in Application Process such as How many rounds, requirements, essays , recommendations etc ?
Thanks a lot in advance.
I'm answering for Linda. Congratulations on your outstanding GMAT score. To your questions:
1. & 2. Your GMAT certainly makes you competitive, numbers wise, for the 5 schools you mentioned. As you know, you are in a highly competitive demographic, however, so a great many other criteria come into play, such as extracurriculars, leadership, distinctive personal experiences, etc. Also, your post-MBA goals are critical to the school selection process. Given what you've told me, I can only tell you that it's usually wise to add some 'safety' schools to the mix (which ones would depend on your goals etc.).
3. TOEFL scores are usually waived only if your received your degree(s) from a school where English is the language of instruction. I assume that is the case for you.
4. As for information sources, each school's website (when you know your schools) is the best place to get school-specific requirements. I also recommend that you visit Accepted.com's MBA pages
. An excellent guide to the entire application process is Richard Montauk's "How to Get into the Top MBA Programs" and I immodestly believe my book "Great Application Essays for Business School"
is the best resource for essays and letters of rec.