Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jun 2016, 02:15
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Lines k and m are parallel to each other. Is the slope

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Lines k and m are parallel to each other. Is the slope [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2006, 04:42
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

This topic is locked. If you want to discuss this question please re-post it in the respective forum.

Q30.reslTESTSETE5

Lines k and m are parallel to each other. Is the slope of line k positive?
(1) Line k passes through the point (3, 2).
(2) Line m passes through the point (-3, 2).
_________________

All the best!!
shinewine

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 790
Location: BULGARIA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2006, 05:19
Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
Should be E
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 5239
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2006, 05:21
BG wrote:
Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
Should be E


One point per line is not sufficient to determine the slope(s).

(E)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2006, 02:35
GMATT73 wrote:
BG wrote:
Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
Should be E


One point per line is not sufficient to determine the slope(s).

(E)



Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
these are 2 || lines.. so slope is = INFINITY.. ..known..

should be C
_________________

All the best!!
shinewine

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 5239
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 293 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2006, 03:19
shinewine wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
BG wrote:
Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
Should be E


One point per line is not sufficient to determine the slope(s).

(E)



Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
these are 2 || lines.. so slope is = INFINITY.. ..known..

should be C


The only way that could be possible is if both lines were on the same line, in which case they wouldn't be parallel. Is C your answer or the OA?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2006, 03:43
GMATT73 wrote:
shinewine wrote:
GMATT73 wrote:
BG wrote:
Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
Should be E


One point per line is not sufficient to determine the slope(s).

(E)



Two parallel lines pasing through 2 symmetrical points at the X axes.
these are 2 || lines.. so slope is = INFINITY.. ..known..

should be C


The only way that could be possible is if both lines were on the same line, in which case they wouldn't be parallel. Is C your answer or the OA?


my reasoning is that wehn we take the statements 2gether,... the resultng figure will have 2 parallel lines one passing thru -3,2 and other thru.. 3,2
_________________

All the best!!
shinewine

  [#permalink] 31 Aug 2006, 03:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Lines k and m are parallel to each other. Is the slope

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.