Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

List of Top 50 Business Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2009, 19:28
Does anyone has list of Top 100 Business schools in US , Is the value of mba goes and job prospects goes down if it's not done from a top 50 school .
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 13:36
USnews has top 100 or something like that. BW has top 30 and then second tier. There is are small step down in the little sub-levels of schools. H/S then a slide to W then slide to Kellogg/Booth/MIT/Columbia then Tuck/Haas/NYU...etc. Once you get into the Mid 20s in rankings there is a pretty large difference between the Top 10 or so and the schools you would be looking at. It all depends on your career goals if its worth it or not. Look at each schools career reports and stats, even a school in the 30s to 50s arent going to be cheap, you are giving up two years salary and the career prospects may not justify it for you.

Personally I would take a PT from a top school like Kellogg or Chicago before I would go fulltime to a low ranked school.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 17:53
riverripper wrote:
USnews has top 100 or something like that. BW has top 30 and then second tier. There is are small step down in the little sub-levels of schools. H/S then a slide to W then slide to Kellogg/Booth/MIT/Columbia then Tuck/Haas/NYU...etc. Once you get into the Mid 20s in rankings there is a pretty large difference between the Top 10 or so and the schools you would be looking at. It all depends on your career goals if its worth it or not. Look at each schools career reports and stats, even a school in the 30s to 50s arent going to be cheap, you are giving up two years salary and the career prospects may not justify it for you.

Personally I would take a PT from a top school like Kellogg or Chicago before I would go fulltime to a low ranked school.

Good points, River. But, I think you intended to list the third grouping as Booth/Kellogg/MIT/Columbia. :-D
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2009, 18:10
Where I get a list for Top 100 Programs ,
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2009, 06:03
GMAT Forum Moderator
Schools: Wharton Class of 2011
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 14

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 17 May 2009, 10:29
julia1177 wrote:
What can you tell about this list of best MBA? http://mba-world.org/

Based on a common sense and nothing but that, I wouldn't say anything positive of this list. What can you say about a list putting University of Phoenix above Kellog and INSEAD?

There are many, more or less usefull, MBA directories on the net. Some of them have done very nice job on gathering information about various MBA programs throughout the World. However, their rankings are a complete waist of time. When it come to the rankings of the United States schools, US news seems to be indespensible. For international rankings you can use Financial Times or Businessweek, but you should take both with the grain of salt.

For international rankings you could take a look on bsd_lovers' "Ranks and clusterings of various International b-schools" following this link: http://gmatclub.com/forum/ranks-and-clusterings-of-various-international-b-schools-78320.html
This is the most relable international ranking I've seen so far, so you could give your contribution overthere.

My GMAT experience
My retake experience - GMAT dropped from 720 to 690 - advice for retakers
My TOEFL experience - 108

CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 210

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 06:24
Thanks for the endorsement Pathfinder. This site can't even get the names right. It calls London Business School - London MBA University ? And seems to lift the rankings straight out of FT : http://www.mba-world.org/greatest-ten-m ... rsity.html

I'd be very reluctant to take it seriously.
GMAT Forum Moderator

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 07:13
Excellent observation, I haven't noticed it - I guess due to the fact I haven't spent more than 40 seconds on that site. The moment I've seen afforementioned placement of Pheonix above Kellogg and INSEAD I turned off that page.

When I referred to "more or less usefull MBA directories on the net" I meant something like this site:
http://www.find-mba.com/

It contains some usefull info on MBA programs throughout the world. Well, if not usefull - entertaining at least. I enjoyed playing with the info on various MBA programs in countries like Iceland, Moldova, Georgia or even Angola (OK, I'm a dork - I admit :hammer :) ). Seriously, without any belittling, I was suprised how seriously people are trying to change something in their environments and to train some business people on the local level. Of course, it's all about money, but in some exotic countries you can make serious money on tobacco trafiking, you don't have to run a business school for that.

Nevertheless, I think your initiative for international schools ranking is really great. With 50.000+ prospective students in this forum, GMATClub could easily becomme the most cited ranking in the near future. I think we should make some permanent ranking of US schools, Euro schools and one global ranking. We can do it in a form of survey, or we could make it in the form you already use for international schools where everyone could give their own pros and cons for a specific school. Why should we realy only on US news and FT (albeit we should consider them, definitelly) when we have 50.000+ oppinions of future students? Well, you should discount from that number brand whores like me, but that's great number even then :P

My GMAT experience

CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 210

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 14:52
Cheers Pathfinder. The regional elite section will be expanded in the future to provide more information about those schools that are more obscure internationally but powerful regionally. Do you have any research or information on the Spanish schools ? If so please post on the rankings thread.

Pathfinder_77 wrote:
Excellent observation, I haven't noticed it - I guess due to the fact I haven't spent more than 40 seconds on that site. The moment I've seen afforementioned placement of Pheonix above Kellogg and INSEAD I turned off that page.

When I referred to "more or less usefull MBA directories on the net" I meant something like this site:
http://www.find-mba.com/

It contains some usefull info on MBA programs throughout the world. Well, if not usefull - entertaining at least. I enjoyed playing with the info on various MBA programs in countries like Iceland, Moldova, Georgia or even Angola (OK, I'm a dork - I admit :hammer :) ). Seriously, without any belittling, I was suprised how seriously people are trying to change something in their environments and to train some business people on the local level. Of course, it's all about money, but in some exotic countries you can make serious money on tobacco trafiking, you don't have to run a business school for that.

Nevertheless, I think your initiative for international schools ranking is really great. With 50.000+ prospective students in this forum, GMATClub could easily becomme the most cited ranking in the near future. I think we should make some permanent ranking of US schools, Euro schools and one global ranking. We can do it in a form of survey, or we could make it in the form you already use for international schools where everyone could give their own pros and cons for a specific school. Why should we realy only on US news and FT (albeit we should consider them, definitelly) when we have 50.000+ oppinions of future students? Well, you should discount from that number brand whores like me, but that's great number even then :P
GMAT Forum Moderator

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 18 May 2009, 15:03
bsd_lover wrote:
Do you have any research or information on the Spanish schools ? If so please post on the rankings thread.

No, unfortunately not. Spanish schools weren't really on my radar, so I don't know anything but information I've found on GMATclub.

The only thing I've spoted recently is that IE started the online MBA program, which was kind of odd for me because I didn't expected a well regarded school to do something like that. It's not that I disrespect online MBA, I am aware that every commodity has a buyer, but... Well, maybe it just support your thesis that IE is the weakest among the three spanish schools.

EDIT: Sorry, it wasn't your statement, but Greenoaks' :)

My GMAT experience

Director
Director
Schools: Oxford
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 4

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 19 May 2009, 05:21
Hi all,

Regarding Spanish Schools - I never considered applying to them myself; but this opinion about IE being the weakest (despite being ranked higher of the three), is quite widespread. I am not sure to which extent this is true, but know that one of gmatclubbers, Arjtryarjtry, did some research on IE, as he got admit from there (he will be attending Oxford Said though) - so maybe we could get more info from him.

Back to the original topic - if we won't focus solely on US schools, it may be useful to check Financial Times rankings as well:

http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-rankings
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 458 [0], given: 19

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2009, 13:17
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 02:41
I've got a fresh list of top 50 business schools but can't post the link as I'm very new to this foum and the forum rule says that I need to post 5/10 posts before i could actually post a link. :evil:
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2324

Kudos [?]: 9438 [0], given: 3701

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 10:54
Expert's post
Yes - anti-spam protection.
You can write it out or PM me and I will post it in your post

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2012, 22:15
smartguy wrote:
Does anyone has list of Top 100 Business schools in US , Is the value of mba goes and job prospects goes down if it's not done from a top 50 school .

I don't know more about the B schools in USA but about some B Schools i have Heard so would like to share that with you :-

Stanford University (CA)
Harvard Business School (MA)
Kellogg School of Management Northwestern University (IL)
Columbia Business School (NY)
MIT Sloan (MA)
University of Michigan Business School, Ann Arbor
Yale School of Management (CT)
McCombs School of Business, Univ of Texas, Austin (TX).....
Re: List of Top 50 Business Schools   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2012, 22:15