Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Little confused..Pls help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Little confused..Pls help [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2005, 02:44
Hi Linda,

I have 2+ year work exp as IT professional with some recent sales exposure. I have some team leading experience and also contributing to local fine arts community in fund-raising. Did some paper publishing in local magazines, delivering seminars,etc. I'm planning to join family owned consulting business after doing MBA and also start one more firm myself.

Not planning to apply this year.....

Demographics: Indian Male
GMAT: 680
GPA: approx 3.6 (No GPA system in India. But was consistently among top 20% of the class. )

I selected Tuck, Darden, UCLA , Ivey (Canada) & RPI.
[RPI & Ivey are backup]
Your view on my selected schools.....????
Please suggest if I should look at anymore from top-15 B-schools.

Also, I was expecting 720+ in GMAT but landed up at 680....Should I retake to improve my chances at better B-schools...???
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Little confused..Pls help [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2005, 20:09
Expert's post
CWithK wrote:
Hi Linda,

I have 2+ year work exp as IT professional with some recent sales exposure. I have some team leading experience and also contributing to local fine arts community in fund-raising. Did some paper publishing in local magazines, delivering seminars,etc. I'm planning to join family owned consulting business after doing MBA and also start one more firm myself.

Not planning to apply this year.....

Demographics: Indian Male
GMAT: 680
GPA: approx 3.6 (No GPA system in India. But was consistently among top 20% of the class. )

I selected Tuck, Darden, UCLA , Ivey (Canada) & RPI.
[RPI & Ivey are backup]
Your view on my selected schools.....????
Please suggest if I should look at anymore from top-15 B-schools.

Also, I was expecting 720+ in GMAT but landed up at 680....Should I retake to improve my chances at better B-schools...???

since you have the time, think you can raise your score, and are from an intensely competitive cohort in the application pool, yes prepare again and retake the GMAT.

The schools you have chosen are great for your goal. You may also want to consider Michgian and Haas.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog