Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 18:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Little less than four weeks, help me break 700

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Little less than four weeks, help me break 700 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 17:46
Hey all,
G-Day is July 23 for me. My test prep scores are listed in my signature block. Here is what I am planning to do between now and G-Day:

minimum of 6 more CATs - Rest of MGMAT, GMAT Prep 1 and 2 again
Today I took GMAT Prep 2 and scored a 720, which really made me happy. Everything I have read says that GMAT Prep is the most likely predictor of your actual score. So at this point, I am feeling pretty good about getting 700+.

Currently I am working on the following:

MGMAT Advanced GMAT Quant (quant is my weakness, I am trying to get into the high 40s and stay there consistently)

Verbal - I am going through OG 12 and the Verbal Review 2nd Edition, finishing up the RC portions and redoing some SC and CR on occasion. Mostly I'm just trying to stay sharp on Verbal, not lose "it" before the test. Thought about doing PowerScore CR or something, but havent gone that route as of yet. I'm also doing problems posted on the forums here regularly.

Overall, I am trying to do an hour of verbal during lunch breaks and then an hour or so of math every night during the week. Weekends, one practice CAT minimum and a little more review.

Any suggestions for me to maintain/improve in the next few weeks before I finally get this monkey off my back?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS, Oxford
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Little less than four weeks, help me break 700 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 18:23
u r on your target...infact might well exceed that

I would surely recommend

MGMAT SC, Numer Porperties, Word Prob, Enequalities

all de best
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Little less than four weeks, help me break 700 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 04:00
Yeah - I already have completed all those books. I still review them here and there to keep concepts fresh in my mind.
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 476 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Little less than four weeks, help me break 700 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 12:52
Expert's post
Make sure to take the CAT's under realistic test conditions. And if you redo any CAT's, these scores might be inflated. That does serve a purpose in terms of confidence, but it's still important to be careful. Overall, good guidebooks + question practice > CAT practice.

For extra math preparation, look into the GMATClub tests. They are extremely difficult, but will help you to improve your quant performance.

And make sure to relax a day or two prior to the test in order to feel refreshed and mentally energized.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 61

Re: Little less than four weeks, help me break 700 [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2011, 06:45
you can do it - u are doing great. make flashcards of important takeaways from difficult problems. take an important concept away from each problem!
Re: Little less than four weeks, help me break 700   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2011, 06:45