Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 13:54
Hello everyone,

I am starting out my business school application journey, and I am just starting to study for the GMAT. I definitely plan to take a GMAT prep course, and I am debating which is better - a live course or an on-line course. The Manhattan GMAT course is closest in my area and just wanted to get any recommendations, thanks!

JB
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 16:17
JFBern12 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am starting out my business school application journey, and I am just starting to study for the GMAT. I definitely plan to take a GMAT prep course, and I am debating which is better - a live course or an on-line course. The Manhattan GMAT course is closest in my area and just wanted to get any recommendations, thanks!

JB

I didn't like their online course. Sorry.
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 17:21
honestly from what i've heard about manhattan, their courses are great if you're working + trying to study. otherwise their 6-book series serves as private study just as well. just my 0.02 cents.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2010, 19:35
the selling point for the online for me...
the ability to re watch classes. i zone out in classes sometimes.
alos there are 2-3 teachers in the online class all interacting with students all while one is talking about a specific subject.
you can interact with them, and also address the whole class.

But if youre a live classroom guy it wont beat that experience

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 07:35
Hi,

Thanks for considering our courses! Choosing between a live online course and an in-person course is really up to personal preference. With the in-person course, you get the benefit of a physical classroom, and getting to meet your classmates and instructors in person. With the live online class, you have the benefit of not having to commute, and of being able to log in with your PJ's on if you wanted to. It really depends in which environment you feel you can focus the best in.

As for jordanhendrix's point, you have access to recorded classes whether you choose the online or the in-person option, so that shouldn't be a deciding factor!

What I would suggest doing is attending a free trial, and seeing which you prefer: http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat-prep-course.cfm

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 49

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User CAT Tests
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2010, 07:39
For me, it helps to study with instruction in your face, as in going to a classroom. But, as the above poster said, to each his own.

"Only by going too far, can one find out how far one can go."

--T.S. Elliot

Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia, NYU, Wharton, UCLA, Berkeley
WE 1: 2 Yrs mgmt consulting
WE 2: 2 yrs m&a

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2011, 22:14
JFBern12,

Which course did you end up signing for? and your thoughts?
If online, was wondering what other options you came across...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 09:00
I took both and found the online much more valuable to me as it builds your stamina and reasoning skills with the pressure to think and solve problems in real time. You can still rewatch sessions parts if needed

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

http://www.hannibalprep.com

Re: Live Vs. On-line Prep Course - Manhattan GMAT   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2011, 09:00