Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 05:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Loan conditions for MBA students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2012, 10:30
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello for everybody!
I'm going to learn in business school in credit. Could you please describe credit conditions for students, if any one came across. Is the fact of admission to business school sufficient for getting a loan for living and learning? Do I need additional surety? Is it possible to get credit for the entire period of studying and living before the start of training? And the last question, what are the terms of tuition fees: a lump sum at the beginning or in installments (by semester)?

I'm sorry if those topics have already been discussed, but I can't find it.

Thank you so much for help!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 107 [0], given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2012, 18:03
I'm guessing from your writing that you are a foreign applicant. If that is the case I understand it can be very difficult to get loans in the US. Simply being admitted will not be sufficient and you are better off trying to obtain financing in your home country.

If I'm mistaken and just mis-reading your English and you are a US citizen then you have a plethora of options. You should qualify for roughly $20,000 in Federal Loans, you can get additional loans at higher rates from the government, private banks or even Sallie Mae. Most graduate student loans will allow you to take out a loan up to a maximum of the Student Budget the school gives you. So theoretically you could take out a ~$90k loan to cover all your expenses. Each loan will vary on when you get the money and the method/terms of repayment.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 12

Re: Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 21:45
This post received
KUDOS
To add a little to what has already been said, you can take out a no co-signer loan. These are designed keeping internationals in mind, most top 10 Bschools offer them. You'll have to visit each school's website for details and rates.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Loan conditions for MBA students [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 06:30
mappleby wrote:
I'm guessing from your writing that you are a foreign applicant. If that is the case I understand it can be very difficult to get loans in the US. Simply being admitted will not be sufficient and you are better off trying to obtain financing in your home country.

If I'm mistaken and just mis-reading your English and you are a US citizen then you have a plethora of options. You should qualify for roughly $20,000 in Federal Loans, you can get additional loans at higher rates from the government, private banks or even Sallie Mae. Most graduate student loans will allow you to take out a loan up to a maximum of the Student Budget the school gives you. So theoretically you could take out a ~$90k loan to cover all your expenses. Each loan will vary on when you get the money and the method/terms of repayment.

With QE3 well underway, I presume it would be easier and cheaper for us to get loans? Invest in GLD and take out a bunch of loans in USD. It may not be that hard to pay back when you are done.
Re: Loan conditions for MBA students   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2012, 06:30