Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer???

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Schools: Booth '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 01:06
sefazza wrote:
Are there any updates in the list of schools which do not provide no co-cosigner loans now?

Booth will provide only 80% this year
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Posts: 26
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2013, 23:55
Could anyone clarify about MIT please ? Scanned their site carefully but didn't find anything except general "private loans programs" which doesn't provide any details.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 09:48
qwerty2008 wrote:
Could anyone clarify about MIT please ? Scanned their site carefully but didn't find anything except general "private loans programs" which doesn't provide any details.


Hey there,
The information for MIT is located in their application for financial aid document here web.mit.edu/sfs/forms_and_publications/form_pdfs/13-14_GLA.pdf (can't paste urls)

"Your loan eligibility is the cost of education (listed as "budget" on your financial aid award letter) minus the other aid received"

Cheers
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2013
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 06:41
2
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
This is an updated list of the MBA programs that offer loans without a co-signer (international students only)

MBA Program Loan for International MBA Students without US co-signer
Harvard MBA Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU)
Chicago Booth Chicago Booth Private Loan for International Students
Pennsylvania Wharton Quorum Federal Credit Union
Stanford MBA Star One Credit Union
Duke Fuqua Coastal Federal Credit Union
Cornell (Johnson) Quorum Federal Credit Union
Virginia (Darden) International Loan Program with Discover
Dartmouth (Tuck) Tuck International Loans
Berkeley (Haas) Eli Lilly Line of Credit (Limited Amount)
NYU (Stern) UFSB Stern International Loan
North_Carolina (Kenan Flagler) Coastal Federal Credit Union
UCLA (Anderson) Custom Loan Program for International Student at UCLA
Yale Yale International Student Loan
Emory (Goizueta) Emory Alliance Credit Union Custom MBA Loan
Maryland (Smith) Global Student Loan Corporation
Ohio State (Fisher) Global Student Loan Corporation
Washington - St. Louis (Olin) Alternative International Loan with-out a US co-signer

more details at :mbaadmissionshelp
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 17:07
sefazza wrote:
Ross and Columbia did not change their loan policy for international students in Sep'14 intake
Are there any updates in the list of schools which do not provide no co-cosigner loans now?


I guess now, prospective applicants will have to also consider the availability of student loan w/out a co-signer in addition to the ranking of the b-school. For me however, the unique concentration in the MBA program played a very significant role in my MBA decision. I looked at the course content and compared it with others to convince myself that this was the right one.

Half way through the program, I have completely ran out of gas. My sch doesn't offer the no-cosigner loan to international student. Is there any other bank or financial institution offering loans without co-signer? I need only up to $17,000 to complete my program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 19:57
Hi,

I am an Indian student planning to apply to Columbia in the coming round. I am worried about the fact that CBS does not offer non-US co-signer loans to international students. I did look up GSLC, but they also do not cover India.

I have a couple of questions for the forum:

1. What are the options that I have? Are there any organizations that will help?
2. CBS specifically asks for financing in its application. Does not having firm financing affect my chances of getting in?

Help will be really appreciated.

Thanks a ton,
R
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2014
Posts: 14
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 2

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 02:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi all,

I'd like to provide an update on the situation: Columbia Business School DOES now offer international student loans with no co-signer required, via Prodigy Finance. It is currently a pilot programme with limited funds, but if successful, will be looking to expand in future years.

As the Marketing Manager at Prodigy, I am happy to report loan programmes at other top MBA programmes, mostly in Europe. However, in future years, we hope to expand our offerings to other top business schools globally. Of course, we will keep the GMAT Club community here informed!

Here are some more details:

Prodigy Finance offers international students like you a new way to finance your MBA. We work closely with the university to design loan programmes tailored to what international students need. The loans are funded by a community of alumni investors, who were once in your shoes themselves, and by other investors who wish to support higher education.

Why choose Prodigy?
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral, guarantees, or co-signers required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
- Excellent customer service

What business schools are covered?
Currently, we have programmes at Cambridge Judge Business School, Cass Business School, Columbia Business School, Cranfield School of Management, ESMT, INSEAD, London Business School, Manchester Business School, Oxford Saïd Business School, and Vlerick Business School. However, we are adding new programmes all the time, so interested student borrowers should consult our website for the most recent list.

Cheers,
Charlie and the Prodigy Finance Team

Last edited by prodigyfinance on 13 May 2014, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar
Status: doing good things...
Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Posts: 1243
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 157

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 529

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2014, 01:08
prodigyfinance wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to provide an update on the situation: Columbia Business School DOES now offer international student loans with no co-signer required, via Prodigy Finance.

As the Marketing Manager at Prodigy, I am happy to report loan programmes at other top MBA programmes, mostly in Europe. However, in future years, we hope to expand our offerings to other top business schools globally. Of course, we will keep the GMAT Club community here informed!

Here are some more details:

Prodigy Finance offers international students like you a new way to finance your MBA. We work closely with the university to design loan programmes tailored to what international students need. The loans are funded by a community of alumni investors, who were once in your shoes themselves, and by other investors who wish to support higher education.

Why choose Prodigy?
- 150 nationalities covered
- Competitive interest rates
- No collateral, guarantees, or co-signers required
- Easy online process
- No repayments while you study
- Excellent customer service

What business schools are covered?
Currently, we have programmes at Cambridge Judge Business School, Cass Business School, Columbia Business School, Cranfield School of Management, ESMT, INSEAD, London Business School, Manchester Business School, Oxford Saïd Business School, and Vlerick Business School. However, we are adding new programmes all the time, so interested student borrowers should consult our website for the most recent list.

Cheers,
Charlie and the Prodigy Finance Team

Please consider adding Kellogg's 1Y MBA programm.
_________________

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 59
Location: India
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 127

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2014, 05:35
Gokhra wrote:
finmaster wrote:
List of schools and whether they provide loans to international students without a US Co-Signer:

Harvard Yes
Stanford Yes
Wharton Yes
Chicago Booth Yes
Kellogg Yes
MIT Sloan Yes
Columbia No
Yale Yes
Berkeley Haas Yes
Tuck Yes
NYU Stern Yes
Duke Fuqua Yes
Ross No
Cornell Johnson No



Cornell Johnson does provide no-cosigner loans for international students. This is clearly stated on their website.

A couple of other top schools that belong in that list are Darden (University of Virginia) and Anderson (UCLA), both of which offer no-cosigner loans for internationals.


Just wanted a clarification on the no co-signor loan.Suppose for the 1st year ,the cost is around 70,000$ at a US b school.In that case will the student have to show collateral worth 70K,or how does it work out?
Please also point me to any useful links/posts that i might have missed out regarding this.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2014
Posts: 14
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2014, 00:11
DebWenger wrote:
Gokhra wrote:
finmaster wrote:
List of schools and whether they provide loans to international students without a US Co-Signer:

Harvard Yes
Stanford Yes
Wharton Yes
Chicago Booth Yes
Kellogg Yes
MIT Sloan Yes
Columbia No
Yale Yes
Berkeley Haas Yes
Tuck Yes
NYU Stern Yes
Duke Fuqua Yes
Ross No
Cornell Johnson No



Cornell Johnson does provide no-cosigner loans for international students. This is clearly stated on their website.

A couple of other top schools that belong in that list are Darden (University of Virginia) and Anderson (UCLA), both of which offer no-cosigner loans for internationals.


Just wanted a clarification on the no co-signor loan.Suppose for the 1st year ,the cost is around 70,000$ at a US b school.In that case will the student have to show collateral worth 70K,or how does it work out?
Please also point me to any useful links/posts that i might have missed out regarding this.


Hi Debwenger,

At Prodigy Finance we offer loans without a co-signer or collateral. Instead, we base the loan amount on predicted future earnings, which often allows us to lend more than traditional banks. At this point the only American business school we have a program with is Columbia, but we are always working to expand further. For more and the most updated information, you can always checkout our website: [url]prodigyfinance.com[/url].

Good luck!
Julian and the Prodigy Finance team
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2014
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer??? [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2014, 22:11
MbaAdmissionsHelp wrote:
This is an updated list of the MBA programs that offer loans without a co-signer (international students only)

MBA Program Loan for International MBA Students without US co-signer
Harvard MBA Harvard University Employees Credit Union (HUECU)
Chicago Booth Chicago Booth Private Loan for International Students
Pennsylvania Wharton Quorum Federal Credit Union
Stanford MBA Star One Credit Union
Duke Fuqua Coastal Federal Credit Union
Cornell (Johnson) Quorum Federal Credit Union
Virginia (Darden) International Loan Program with Discover
Dartmouth (Tuck) Tuck International Loans
Berkeley (Haas) Eli Lilly Line of Credit (Limited Amount)
NYU (Stern) UFSB Stern International Loan
North_Carolina (Kenan Flagler) Coastal Federal Credit Union
UCLA (Anderson) Custom Loan Program for International Student at UCLA
Yale Yale International Student Loan
Emory (Goizueta) Emory Alliance Credit Union Custom MBA Loan
Maryland (Smith) Global Student Loan Corporation
Ohio State (Fisher) Global Student Loan Corporation
Washington - St. Louis (Olin) Alternative International Loan with-out a US co-signer

more details at :mbaadmissionshelp


Hi all, I would like to ask if I will be able to use the loan to apply for my I20? I am not very sure about the procedure, please help. Thank you :)
Re: Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer???   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2014, 22:11
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Indian - Help with US co-signer rjmba 1 24 Sep 2013, 19:16
Student loans without USA co -signer still available KarlWeber 0 10 Jul 2013, 05:44
3 Loan for international student on h1b with no co-signer siddhans 7 29 Mar 2012, 13:29
Loans w/o a Co-signer For International Students widerangeinput 4 15 Jan 2011, 09:55
3 Internationals - Loan & Co-Signer (MERGED) pleonasm 13 29 Jun 2009, 08:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Loan Programs for International Students w/o US Co-Signer???

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.