Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 20:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Loans for International Students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: ROSS(Accepted) CBS-J
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Loans for International Students [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2008, 01:21
from http://blogs.chicagogsb.edu/gsbroseblog/

October 20
Loans for International Students
Greetings from warm New Delhi, India! After a whirlwind week of travel in Europe last week, followed by a quick return to Chicago to participate in our Chicago GSB Diversity Live program, I am now spending a few days in India meeting prospective students and GSB alumni. I am traveling with the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship who is hosting an immersion trip here in India on Entrepreneurship. It's off to a great start.

I know many of you have concerns about what financing options will be out there should you apply to b-school this year. As many of you well know, loan programs for international students without a co-signer at most top-tier programs ended abruptly a few weeks ago due to the credit market crisis that is happening worldwide. As you can imagine, we were all taken by surprise and are actively engaged at the highest levels in the school/university in identifying potential new loan sources for the upcoming year. At Chicago GSB, we remain committed to providing access to loans for all our students regardless of citizenship. What the new program will look like is still a mystery, but we as an institution are committed to providing access.

In the interim (and in between preparing your applications and continuing to work,) I would encourage you to take a look at the various financing opportunities that you may be able to find in your home countries. Rates and terms will vary by location, but it makes sense for you to have this information available so that you can evaluate the terms schools are able to provide for similar loan types when that information becomes available. I recognize that the uncertainty around this situation is uncomfortable, but I would also encourage you to remain positive as we all look to find the best solutions moving forward.

In closing, it is important to remember that your investment in an MBA is a long-term investment. While markets are cyclical, the wisdom, knowledge and experience you will get from obtaining your MBA will help you navigate the many opportunities and challenges over your lifetime. As I learn more information on this topic, I promise to update you here. Warm regards, Rose

Fight Force For Future

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Loans for International Students [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2008, 01:35
Yeah loans are going to tough, applications at an all time high, this year will be insane in everyway.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Re: Loans for International Students [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2008, 01:44
Agreed, but I think it may pay off to those who endure the difficult times. I get the impression most experts predict that by 2011 we will be out of, or on the way out of the current recession - and it may be a great time to enter the market with an MBA.

Schools need international students. The internation exposure is one of their key selling points and I can't see how any distinguished school can operate without finding a solution to this problem.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Loans for International Students [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2008, 02:06
Yeah in terms of post grad employment, the class of 2009 might be the best positioned to capitalize on all the lost jobs now for for the next year or more. Everyone knows banks tend to over hire in booms and over fire in recessions
Re: Loans for International Students   [#permalink] 26 Oct 2008, 02:06