Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 05:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Banking Days?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 11:06
I'll most probably be attending the London Banking Days in November. Does anybody have more info about these 2 days? What should I do in terms of preparation? What should I expect?

Thanks a lot for the information!

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 11:44
Banks will bring European representatives and have breakfasts in the fall - make connections then. Prep is minimal otherwise, but the banking days have an informational schedule opened up early, before you go. You need to be in and on that system the minute it goes live if you want to schedule all the banks in a reasonable timescale. You will be left working around things if you don't.

Otherwise, I recall it had conference bits and mixer bits you sign up for (I didn't go, so this is what I heard). I think the prep is done at the breakfasts, and then the LBD is pretty separate and stand alone.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 12:16
I'm curious about this event - are offers actually handed out during or immediately after the event concludes? How does the recruiting process work if you'd like to work in London?

Also, is it possible to recruit for London and New York at the same time, or is this impossible?

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 12:52
terp06 wrote:
I'm curious about this event - are offers actually handed out during or immediately after the event concludes? How does the recruiting process work if you'd like to work in London?

Also, is it possible to recruit for London and New York at the same time, or is this impossible?

Those are the questions that I have too.

I do think it's possible to apply for both, simply because - from what I heard - LBD is pretty much the only event you'll have to go to for London recruiting. However it is organised only by and for certain specific schools: H/S/W, MIT, Kellogg, Chicago, Columbia and Stern. I'm not sure you can participate if you're not a student from one of those schools.

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 12:54
Understood. I probably won't be a student unless I go to one of those schools. Also, I'm surprised that they leave out Tuck.

Please let me know if you do find any details about the offer/recruiting process for London.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 14:12
London banking days will simply serve to get you on a shortlist, closed list or whatever. It is informational's only - you also want to recruit on campus, as the people who have key input for the school at the company will be there. LBD provides another link - the informationals are with 3 students each 1/2 hour.

Interviews are done early January on campus.

You can recruit both with some banks, others want you to express a clear decision and would go as far to actively dislike people recruiting NY and London.

The process is much the same as NY - attend the London events when they are called, do LBD (especially with the banks when the running is good) and try and get on the shortlist.

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 14:21
3underscore wrote:

You can recruit both with some banks, others want you to express a clear decision and would go as far to actively dislike people recruiting NY and London.

How do you determine whether the bank that you are looking at falls into which bucket as far as this stance goes?

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 218 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 14:28
This post received
KUDOS
You ask them about it. I can't remember which ones were which. Another good way to decide which to pursue is when you blow up with US recruitment with a bank, you look at Europe more favorably (they rarely communicate, from experience, but will know if you try and apply to two when they advise otherwise).

IB and S&T will have different rules on it as well, because otherwise it would all make sense and be pretty easy to work out.

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Banking Days? [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2008, 14:44
Thank you for the advice. Kudos.

Re: London Banking Days?   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2008, 14:44