Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School 2012 Waitlist

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:11
I was just reading the old 2010, 2011 Waitlist threads on gmatclub... It seems to me that this year's waitlist thread is surprisingly quiet..... does that mean not many ppl are on the waitlist????

And I noticed that on the tracker feed - there are only 9 ppl on the list so far this year....... I dont know how representative that is.... but, anyhow, I feel this year we could have better chance of getting into the program....

Just my two cents....

What you guys think?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:36
nacyrio wrote:
I was just reading the old 2010, 2011 Waitlist threads on gmatclub... It seems to me that this year's waitlist thread is surprisingly quiet..... does that mean not many ppl are on the waitlist????

And I noticed that on the tracker feed - there are only 9 ppl on the list so far this year....... I dont know how representative that is.... but, anyhow, I feel this year we could have better chance of getting into the program....

Just my two cents....

What you guys think?


Not to dampen any hopes, but add me to your tally of WL'ers. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:39
someone79 wrote:
nacyrio wrote:
I was just reading the old 2010, 2011 Waitlist threads on gmatclub... It seems to me that this year's waitlist thread is surprisingly quiet..... does that mean not many ppl are on the waitlist????

And I noticed that on the tracker feed - there are only 9 ppl on the list so far this year....... I dont know how representative that is.... but, anyhow, I feel this year we could have better chance of getting into the program....

Just my two cents....

What you guys think?


Not to dampen any hopes, but add me to your tally of WL'ers. :)


Yah~~~ Now there are 10 ppls on the list now! double digits. :lol:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:45
Interesting this is that I too am interested in entrepreneurship. 17th May is the next target.

Anyone planning to retake GMAT?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 14:48
someone79 wrote:
Interesting this is that I too am interested in entrepreneurship. 17th May is the next target.

Anyone planning to retake GMAT?


Hi Someone79,

I think your GMAT score is just fine.....730 is well above the average....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Location: Aruba
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 15:03
If it calms any waitlister's nerves, I got an acceptance email but I am unlikely to accept it. So that's another spot to you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 17:24
nawaz84 wrote:
If it calms any waitlister's nerves, I got an acceptance email but I am unlikely to accept it. So that's another spot to you!


is it correct to assume that the quota for each admitted student that opts out of LBS is passed on to a waitlister or are we all just strung along and compared to the next round's applicants - if we fit the bill more so than a R3 applicant and serve an under represented group then we're accepted? i'm not sure it's correct to think that for each applicant that's admitted and chooses not to attend, one waitlister is offered admission...that's all. thoughts? and as always - best of luck to all waitlisters!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 17:27
nacyrio wrote:
I was just reading the old 2010, 2011 Waitlist threads on gmatclub... It seems to me that this year's waitlist thread is surprisingly quiet..... does that mean not many ppl are on the waitlist????

And I noticed that on the tracker feed - there are only 9 ppl on the list so far this year....... I dont know how representative that is.... but, anyhow, I feel this year we could have better chance of getting into the program....

Just my two cents....

What you guys think?


as much as i want to think this, i'm not sure it's true...who knows how many LBS applicants simply don't appear on GMAT Club...however, I am tempted to believe that the HBS loan controversy might have an affect on decreasing the number of accepted applicants that actually agree to matriculate...thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 17:53
someone79 wrote:
Apart from this, the visa issues may drive many non-EU people away.


great point - i had forgot about this...something about it being more difficult for foreigners to secure the ability to remain in england as employees?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 18:38
nacyrio wrote:
someone79 wrote:
Interesting this is that I too am interested in entrepreneurship. 17th May is the next target.

Anyone planning to retake GMAT?


Hi Someone79,

I think your GMAT score is just fine.....730 is well above the average....


Thanks, nacyrio.
Belonging to a 1.2 billion strong nation, I really am not that above average in the pool I belong to. Is there anyone here who is 30+ and is in waitlist?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 12:42
let's keep this thread alive, ladies and gents! anyone know of any 2011 applicants that were waitlisted and then admitted for 2012? any 2011 applicants dinged, reapplied and admitted this go round?

how about "waitlist strategies?" anyone planning to send periodic updates, contact alumni, ask student contacts to put in a good word, contact professors, send in another letter of recommendation, etc, etc? it's not over for us, guys!! keep your heads up!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 13
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 18:03
AlexanderSA wrote:
let's keep this thread alive, ladies and gents! anyone know of any 2011 applicants that were waitlisted and then admitted for 2012? any 2011 applicants dinged, reapplied and admitted this go round?

how about "waitlist strategies?" anyone planning to send periodic updates, contact alumni, ask student contacts to put in a good word, contact professors, send in another letter of recommendation, etc, etc? it's not over for us, guys!! keep your heads up!


I am planning to redo my GMAT before the format changes in June, aiming for a 800,lol........ Pretty much that is all I can do at this point~
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 32
Location: United Kingdom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 04:23
AlexanderSA wrote:
someone79 wrote:
Apart from this, the visa issues may drive many non-EU people away.


great point - i had forgot about this...something about it being more difficult for foreigners to secure the ability to remain in england as employees?


It was announced a while back that UKBA is closing the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route from Apr'12 but I don't think this has impacted number of applications to LBS. General belief is that companies will sponsor the visa although it is becoming increasingly difficult.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 05:58
nacyrio wrote:
LSSMBA wrote:
duffman26 wrote:
happy new year guys!
just wanted to check if anyone had mailed adcom and received feedback or planned any school visits?


Hey duffman - I visited the school back in November. Also, I just re-took the GMAT and sent in my new scores to the adcom.


Hi LSSMBA,

I just got waitlisted in Round 2... next review date is May 17th.....

So LBS let u send in a new GMAT score??? Do you think higher score matters here??



Sorry for my super late reply, nacyrio! I just saw your post!

I'm not sure whether or not a higher GMAT will help at this point because technically everyone waitlisted already meets LBS's credentials to be a student. However, I was so frustrated when I first got waitlisted, I had to do something to help myself. Also, INSEAD recommended that I retake my GMAT, so I figured that's my weakest link. Apparently a higher GMAT did not help me during the first WL review for LBS...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 10:46
the same story
focus on entrepreneurship, waitlisted :(
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2011
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 12:30
alinata wrote:
the same story
focus on entrepreneurship, waitlisted :(


Welcome to the club!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 22
Location: India
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
Schools: Wharton '15
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 00:28
Best of luck for tom! This is prob the last review where we will have enough time left before admission
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Posts: 55
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 04:13
Add me to the list!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 21:18
r1-r2 waitlist re-evaluation today ..fingers crossed
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 197
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 1

Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 07:46
My bf just got admitted off the wl! Good luck to the rest of u guys!! The good news is just around the corner!
Re: London Business School 2012 Waitlist   [#permalink] 17 May 2012, 07:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
9 London Business School 2012 Waitlist vintron 131 14 Dec 2011, 13:20
Calling All Wharton 2012 Business School Waitlisters speedmerchant 7 28 Dec 2011, 18:38
2 London Business School 2011 Waitlist Embeayy 181 21 Dec 2010, 14:26
3 LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2012 MRHDK1 212 09 Sep 2010, 12:15
London Business School Hjort 9 29 Jan 2005, 00:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

London Business School 2012 Waitlist

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 132 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.