Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 09:22
Has anyone heard from their regional admissions consultant to schedule their interview? With the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, I'd like to get mine schedule since I'll be out of town that week. I haven't contacted my admissions consultant since the invitation does say to "be patient." :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 05 Nov 2013, 14:18
Are any US applicants planning on working back in the US post-MBA? Just curious if I am shooting myself in the foot by attending a school whose strongest network is UK/EU if I am not planning on working there post graduation.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 08:16
JTaros84 wrote:
Are any US applicants planning on working back in the US post-MBA? Just curious if I am shooting myself in the foot by attending a school whose strongest network is UK/EU if I am not planning on working there post graduation.

If you look at page 8 of the MBA Employment Report from LBS (can't link but its on their webpage), you'll see that for the 2012 class 30% of students who came from North America returned to North America post grad for work.

As a total, 9% of the 2012 class took positions in North America - but you can see that the percentage is much higher when you look at just applicants who come from there. So there's definitely a good number of people who return after graduation.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 12:47
randomwalk7386 wrote:
Has anyone heard from their regional admissions consultant to schedule their interview? With the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, I'd like to get mine schedule since I'll be out of town that week. I haven't contacted my admissions consultant since the invitation does say to "be patient." :)

Hello,
I have contacted my regional consultant/manager at the beginning of the week, and after some e-mails have got the name of my interviewer today (after 4 days).. will try to schedule and finish the interview before Nov.22; as that date is provided as the deadline for Round 1 interviews.
Good luck!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 14:11
unstoppablemmntm wrote:
randomwalk7386 wrote:

Hello,
I have contacted my regional consultant/manager at the beginning of the week, and after some e-mails have got the name of my interviewer today (after 4 days).. will try to schedule and finish the interview before Nov.22; as that date is provided as the deadline for Round 1 interviews.
Good luck!

I received my interviewer details today as well. Good luck all!
Current Student

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2013, 03:51
unstoppablemmntm wrote:
randomwalk7386 wrote:

Hello,
Good luck!

Thanks! Where is it noted that Nov 22 is the deadline for Round 1 interviews? It isn't in my interview invitation or listed on the LBS website.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 09:56
So anyone had there interview yet? Anyone got any tips?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 11:12
randomwalk7386 wrote:
unstoppablemmntm wrote:
randomwalk7386 wrote:

Hello,
Good luck!

Thanks! Where is it noted that Nov 22 is the deadline for Round 1 interviews? It isn't in my interview invitation or listed on the LBS website.

Regional managers indicate that via e-mail when they contact with you.. the deadline for R1 interviews is Nov.22.
Best regards.
7 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [7] , given: 3

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys. I had my interview today, so some general tips:

1. Know your CV inside out- don't just say what you do, detail a story or anecdote that actually captures 'you'. My interviewer seemed more interested when I wasn't just saying things but actively giving examples.
2. Have your basic behavioural question answers ready- conflict, leadership, teamwork - what you learned from each experience is crucial.
3. Why the MBA, why now? Prepare to have this challenged. Talk to your friends- know what you could be challenged on, chances are you have had friends or family already ask you these questions, so be prepared to defend your view. It's hard to challenge your background and experience, so if you can bring this in part of your answer: do it. For me, I really need this for a crucial jump start for what I want to do post-MBA, and I knew what aspects of programme I needed to be involved with to reach those goals.
4. Why LBS? I had also applied for INSEAD so my interviewer really wanted to know which was my first preference (for me, this was easy as I REALLY want to attend LBS for several reasons- however if you're applying for several schools, be prepared to give the reasons why LBS is right for you, over and above each of these other schools.)
5. Know yourself, and your own unique story and stick to it. What is it about you that is deliciously different? Don't hide who you are; my interviewer particularly liked parts of my application which weren't even part of my main essays, things like my hobbies which she was also interested in so we spoke a lot about that. At the end of the day, you are a person being judged on if you would be an interesting, thoughtful and inspiring class member to your peers. Bring out your random side!
6. Have three keywords in your head that you consistently bring in to your responses: your messaging describing YOU and your brand is crucial. What are the three keywords that you want to leave your interviewer with, long after you leave and after they've seen many other interviewees. Stand out and help them remember your three key words!
7. The presentation is not designed to trip you up, it's a check of clarity in thinking. Use some basic presentation structure skills and you will be fine. Bring in a recent topical (and relevant!) news headlines and you'll probably score better, but I think it's mostly on clarity of structure.
8. Be genuinely interested in your interviewer- LBS is one of the most thorough schools for matching potential candidates with interviewers with similar backgrounds and/or goals. Take advantage of this! This is your opportunity to ask someone who has probably been in very similar shoes to you as to how they managed their career transitions, what they found easy and hard, what they wished they had done during their time at LBS, and most importantly - what they definitely recommend doing whilst attending. My interviewer gave me a list of classes that she said were amazing- this is all great knowledge and it's your chance to get to know someone who has been through through the process.

It was a tough, thorough interview, but I am so impressed with the interviewer. So far I've only met very friendly, intelligent and inspiring students and alumni and this alumni was no exception.

If anyone has any specific questions, PM me, happy to answer, or happy to do general questions on the thread. Good luck to all interviewing soon!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 14:13
mbadreams17 wrote:
Hi guys. I had my interview today, so some general tips:

1. Know your CV inside out- don't just say what you do, detail a story or anecdote that actually captures 'you'. My interviewer seemed more interested when I wasn't just saying things but actively giving examples.
2. Have your basic behavioural question answers ready- conflict, leadership, teamwork - what you learned from each experience is crucial.
3. Why the MBA, why now? Prepare to have this challenged. Talk to your friends- know what you could be challenged on, chances are you have had friends or family already ask you these questions, so be prepared to defend your view. It's hard to challenge your background and experience, so if you can bring this in part of your answer: do it. For me, I really need this for a crucial jump start for what I want to do post-MBA, and I knew what aspects of programme I needed to be involved with to reach those goals.
4. Why LBS? I had also applied for INSEAD so my interviewer really wanted to know which was my first preference (for me, this was easy as I REALLY want to attend LBS for several reasons- however if you're applying for several schools, be prepared to give the reasons why LBS is right for you, over and above each of these other schools.)
5. Know yourself, and your own unique story and stick to it. What is it about you that is deliciously different? Don't hide who you are; my interviewer particularly liked parts of my application which weren't even part of my main essays, things like my hobbies which she was also interested in so we spoke a lot about that. At the end of the day, you are a person being judged on if you would be an interesting, thoughtful and inspiring class member to your peers. Bring out your random side!
6. Have three keywords in your head that you consistently bring in to your responses: your messaging describing YOU and your brand is crucial. What are the three keywords that you want to leave your interviewer with, long after you leave and after they've seen many other interviewees. Stand out and help them remember your three key words!
7. The presentation is not designed to trip you up, it's a check of clarity in thinking. Use some basic presentation structure skills and you will be fine. Bring in a recent topical (and relevant!) news headlines and you'll probably score better, but I think it's mostly on clarity of structure.
8. Be genuinely interested in your interviewer- LBS is one of the most thorough schools for matching potential candidates with interviewers with similar backgrounds and/or goals. Take advantage of this! This is your opportunity to ask someone who has probably been in very similar shoes to you as to how they managed their career transitions, what they found easy and hard, what they wished they had done during their time at LBS, and most importantly - what they definitely recommend doing whilst attending. My interviewer gave me a list of classes that she said were amazing- this is all great knowledge and it's your chance to get to know someone who has been through through the process.

It was a tough, thorough interview, but I am so impressed with the interviewer. So far I've only met very friendly, intelligent and inspiring students and alumni and this alumni was no exception.

If anyone has any specific questions, PM me, happy to answer, or happy to do general questions on the thread. Good luck to all interviewing soon!

Thanks MBADreams! That is a great summary. I have my interview tomorrow. Hopefully I will be joining you for class of '16! One question, what did you have to do your 5 mins presentation on, was it a current news topic?

Thanks
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 01:27
LondonCity wrote:

Thanks MBADreams! That is a great summary. I have my interview tomorrow. Hopefully I will be joining you for class of '16! One question, what did you have to do your 5 mins presentation on, was it a current news topic?

Thanks

Fingers crossed for us, LondonCity! Good luck for today! The presentation was just a general statement, to do with business operations. I had a cheeky quick scan of the other topics (your interviewer will give you your topic, but they get a list of five), and basically even if they pull in a news story as the main paragraph (to set context), the actual question itself has to do with a business/general issue that you wil definitely have some sort of knowledge about. For example, I had my main paragraph on an extract from a academic report, and the question was what I would do to do X and Y. Not difficult, so don't worry! Keep it structured, and you'll be fine!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 03:50
Anybody from the Middle East (more specifically the UAE) had their interview?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 16:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Are you the ideal MiM candidate?
Postgraduate programmes research… we understand there is so much information to review about entry requirements, work experience, GMAT scores, and further to that no shortage of tips on how to make your application more competitive. Whilst these things are all very important to consider before you even get to the application stage, I would like […]

Read the rest of this entry...
Image Image Image

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 16:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: After my travels……
I have been travelling recently to take part in our renowned International Information Sessions and World Alumni Celebrations (WAC) in Latin America, and it has been the most extraordinary trip of my life! Why? Well, I certainly enjoyed visiting new countries and exploring delicious gastronomic paths trying out my now favourites ceviche, feijoada and spicy […]

Image Image Image

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

FROM LBS Admissions Blog: MiM2015: Has the journey begun?
In last week’s post, my colleague Nicoleta provided an insight into the types of candidates we look for on the Masters in Management. So now that you have identified yourself as a good fit, you may think that you should apply straight away. While this is one option, deciding whether you intend to pursue your […]

Image Image Image

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 03:15
So, do you think we have to wait till the 12th of December to find out, or might they let us know a bit earlier?
Current Student

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 06:38
LondonCity wrote:
So, do you think we have to wait till the 12th of December to find out, or might they let us know a bit earlier?

It seems from the prior threads on here, as well as the emails from my LBS admissions representative, we will find out on December 12th by midnight GMT.
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2013, 09:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How to impress at a business school interview
Winter is coming…actually,  in London  it’s already here. For MBA Admissions, this means we are organising Stage 1 interviews all over the world, and I do mean everywhere, from Athens to Jamaica. This is the perfect time to talk about interviews, and more specifically things candidates have done really well. This post is titled ‘how […]

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1003 [2] , given: 931

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2013, 19:45
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I don't know whether this is appropriate place to post this - The Threadmaster of this school can weigh in.
Following is the calender of Information events of LBS that will be organized at various locations in the world. It may be helpful for the prospective candidates.

Information session (Beijing)
05 Dec 2013  18.30-21.00  Beijing, China

MBA Information Session (on-campus)
11 Dec 2013  18.30-21.00  London, UK

Information session (Los Angeles)

06 Jan 2014  18.30-21.00  Los Angeles, USA

One to one meetings Los Angeles
07 Jan 2014  08.00-19.00  Los Angeles, USA

Information Session (Melbourne)
25 Feb 2014  18.30-21.30  Melbourne, Australia

Information Session (Sydney)

27 Feb 2014  18.30-21.30  Sydney, Australia

Registration Link :- http://www.london.edu/programmes/infoev ... Select=MBA

Hope that helps!
Best Regards,
Narenn

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Current Student

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2013, 08:10
Blax0r wrote:
Does anyone know whether I should attempt to use british spelling on the apps? (program vs programme)

I'm definitely more comfortable w/ the US convention, but not sure if it'll read less professionally to the UK adcoms.

In my app I generally used US convention in my essay but used UK convention if referring to a specific program or aspect at LBS (ex. Summer Consulting Programme). I really don't think it makes much of a difference since the AdCom will be aware that you're from the US.
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 18 Nov 2013, 08:10