Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 01:15
Completed my interview yesterday with an alum in India. Was very conversational, lasted 75 mins...The presentation topic was extremely simple and straightforward...The alum was very friendly, and spent a long time taking questions and telling me about his experience at LBS....

all the best to the ones scheduled to interview soon, and fingers crossed for the 12th of Dec.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9427 [0], given: 3700

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 13:22
Expert's post
Join us for the LBS Q&A application webinar (in progress right now)
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 0141980161

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 05:08
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all, I'm currently at LBS and I was in your shoes a few months ago. Here are my three main pieces of advice for MBA applications.

First, I can say that online forums like GC helped me a lot to prepare my applications and my interviews to have a general understanding of what to expect. Thanks GC!

The second very important thing, find 2 or 3 friends to challenge your essays and for mock interviews. For essays, try to have someone with a good understanding of what MBAs are looking for and a good knowledge of yourself. Non natives, might be worth having a native to trim your wording and spelling. For interviews, try to train with several people and different styles.

The third and most important point, get some real experience of LBS. This can be done by visiting the campus if you don't live too far, and/or by meeting students and alumni. There are multiple options to do that, such as contacting the school or students directly. Another even better way is to attend one of the events of the school. Global Energy Summit is a very good one and is held this Friday 29 Nov. Experiencing the school and interacting with its community would allow you to confirm that LBS is the right place for you and would add to your applications and interviews. I think that this last advice is true for every top business school.

Good luck!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 17:53
Should we be admitted R1, does anyone know what the deadline to give LBS an answer and deposit would be?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 10:01
JTaros84 wrote:
Should we be admitted R1, does anyone know what the deadline to give LBS an answer and deposit would be?
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 05:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How important are business school rankings, really?
….Is a question which has been hotly debated by business schools and candidates for some time, and will likely continue to stimulate discussion long into the future. I’ll be honest, I am unashamedly pro-rankings. Frankly, I think they are hugely important and I’m happy to defend this perspective. That said, its fair to say that rankings are […]

Read the rest of this entry...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 12:27
JTaros84 wrote:

I heard it was around £1000 and that it was approximately 4 weeks for the deposit, but please don't take my word for it!! It may just be a rumour. It may say on the website somewhere but pretty hard to find.

Waiting to find out if I got in is all I can think about at the moment. 12th of December feels a long way away but really not long now. Fingers crossed I get to find out how much the deposit is!!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 15

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 06:45
LondonCity wrote:
JTaros84 wrote:

I heard it was around £1000 and that it was approximately 4 weeks for the deposit, but please don't take my word for it!! It may just be a rumour. It may say on the website somewhere but pretty hard to find.

Waiting to find out if I got in is all I can think about at the moment. 12th of December feels a long way away but really not long now. Fingers crossed I get to find out how much the deposit is!!!

The initial commitment fee is £1,500, and is due 3-4 weeks after receiving the offer. The reservation fee is £6,000 and is made in June.
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 06:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Should I retake the GMAT?
Autumn is a busy time for us in the admissions office, as we participate in a variety of recruitment events to meet and speak with candidates from around the world.   This year one question that many of you have been asking is whether you should retake the GMAT to make your application more competitive. Firstly, […]

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 06:05
8 days till we find out! I really don't want to get my hopes up but I really don't have a plan B so got to think positive at the moment. Does anyone ever get feedback on their applications if they don't get in?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 06:56
I'm counting business days, as they progress a little bit faster (on weekends it's easier to forget about this...)! 6 business days and counting!!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 07:02
BrunoNovo wrote:
I'm counting business days, as they progress a little bit faster (on weekends it's easier to forget about this...)! 6 business days and counting!!

Love it!! That is a brilliant way to look at it. Yes, easier to forget about it on the weekends. How did you find your interview? I found mine good but I have been worrying that maybe I relaxed a little bit too much at the end. Especially after the interview when it was the opportunity to ask questions, I found myself slouching in the chair, a combination of a friendly interviewer and the adrenalin leaving my body after an intense hour of questions meant I felt way too relaxed!

I especially found the areas of improvement questions hard because really if you answer those well, it makes you look bad but if you don't give a good answer then they think you don't really know yourself well enough. Gosh this is killing me! It is my only school for round 1 and I'm wondering if I should've applied to more. It is a tough school to get into.
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2013, 08:34
The problem of having a dream school like LBS is the fear that the dream can be taken away. Anyone got any back-up plans if they don't get in? I am pretty stumped as to what I will do, probably will have to reassess my plans. Anyone know what the percentage is for people who interview who then get offers?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 15

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 06:53
LondonCity wrote:
The problem of having a dream school like LBS is the fear that the dream can be taken away. Anyone got any back-up plans if they don't get in? I am pretty stumped as to what I will do, probably will have to reassess my plans. Anyone know what the percentage is for people who interview who then get offers?

My guess using US MBA stats is that 45% gets interviewed, roughly half of those are accepted into the program, and finally around half of this last group accepts the invitation.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 01:26
This post received
KUDOS
PlastMan wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

My guess using US MBA stats is that 45% gets interviewed, roughly half of those are accepted into the program, and finally around half of this last group accepts the invitation.

Thanks, that sounds about right. Well, got my fingers crossed for Thursday. Good luck everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 2.99
WE: Business Development (Law)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 11:53
This post received
KUDOS
LondonCity wrote:

Their admissions rep at an event I attended told me that they interview about 30% of all applicants and accept about 75% of interviewees (including those taken from the waitlist)
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 13:46
brottscott wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

Their admissions rep at an event I attended told me that they interview about 30% of all applicants and accept about 75% of interviewees (including those taken from the waitlist)

Thanks, those aren't too bad odds. Obviously it will depend on the applicants but I would be very sad to have made it all the way to interview and then not get in! I'm trying not to get my hopes up and prepare myself for bad news. Only 3 days to go now so won't be long till we all know.

There is a part of me that wishes we found out on friday rather than thursday, not for the extra wait but so that if it is bad news, I don't have to go into work the following day! Are you looking to go to LBS BrottScott?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 01:49
brottscott wrote:
LondonCity wrote:

Wow that sounds pretty high (the 75%). Don't know how accurate the figure is, and... I know it doesn't change anything to my decision, that's most likely already taken, ...

but you just made my day :)
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 02:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: What’s new on the MiM?
Now we have had some posts about the team, entry requirements and a snapshot of the MiM2014 orientation, let me tell you about new updates to the programme for the Class of 2015!   Let me start by introducing our all singing, all dancing brochure (please note it will not sing or dance, but it […]

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 20

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 03:42
This post received
KUDOS
Dear LBS, please, for the love of all which is holy, DO NOT send me an e-mail 2 days before decision that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision...
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2013, 03:42