Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 57

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2014, 08:18
Probably.. depends on my R2 results
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 05:53
Hello, have a quick question:

Are we supposed to receive an acknowledgement email from the admission coordinators after submitting the application ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
WE: Engineering (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 06:10
docks wrote:

Are we supposed to receive an acknowledgement email from the admission coordinators after submitting the application ?

Didn't receive one...
Manager
Manager

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 06:11
robisrojis wrote:
docks wrote:

Didn't receive one...

Same here, guess that's fine then.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 04:58
I received an acknowledgement email when I submitted my application.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GMAT 4: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 10:04
The same situation, I got the e-mail on the next day after submitting my application. It was started with:
Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for submitting your online application to the Full-time MBA Programme at London Business School. We are delighted to acknowledge receipt of this...
Manager
Manager

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 10:19
Strongholder80 wrote:
The same situation, I got the e-mail on the next day after submitting my application. It was started with:
Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for submitting your online application to the Full-time MBA Programme at London Business School. We are delighted to acknowledge receipt of this...

Yes, I've received this one as well but no coordinator assigned as such. This looked more like an auto generated message to me.
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: LBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 15:59
docks wrote:
Strongholder80 wrote:
Dear Mr XXXXX

Yes, I've received this one as well but no coordinator assigned as such. This looked more like an auto generated message to me.

Yeah that is all you will get.

That 700.. I can taste it

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 01:26
A list of coordinators region-wise is given in the acknowledgement email.
Manager
Manager

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 02:30
binmahmood wrote:
A list of coordinators region-wise is given in the acknowledgement email.

Saw it now, you're right ! :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 10:07
Hey I just missed a call from an admission officer at LBS. I have read somewhere that hey usually meet every Thursday, but today is Wednesday. Does the AdCom calls you sometime even after your interviewer has submitted the report to make a decision? Maybe I am just getting nervous at this final stage of the process (I have not received a denial or acceptance email), but my fingers stay crossed.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 13:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Writing a Winning CV
Your CV, the written elevator pitch. Trying to sell your achievements, experience and skill-set on one piece of paper can be challenging, and whether you’re submitting your CV for a postgraduate degree or job application, it’s important to understand how you can best promote yourself as the best candidate. The Masters in Management team review […]

Read the rest of this entry...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 06:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Studying and working in the UK
Hi everyone My name is Helen Foley and I’m the Visa Compliance Manager for London Business School. My role here includes supporting new students coming to us from outside the UK – which is most of you, so I’m kept pretty busy! I’m excited to be posting my first blog entry for new applicants for […]

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 08:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Admissions Committees – what are we really looking for – and a peek at the 2014 class so far.
Sloan applications opened up in January, and with the first deadline on 25 February, we’re looking forward to seeing more applications from senior, experienced executives, professionals and entrepreneurs who are beyond an MBA and planning the next stage of their careers. Please make use of the fast track option. You can apply with the application […]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1006 [1] , given: 934

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 12:41
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This is for the information of all R3 as well as European school applicants.

Admissanado experts - Jon and Lauren - conducted Q&A chat in GMATCLUB chat room few days back in which they offered tips and guidance to prospective R3 & European school applicants.
I have updated the first post with the transcript of this chat. Interested members can download this transcript from there.

Good luck to everyone applying and have a nice weekend. :)

Thank You!

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [3] , given: 57

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 02:28
This post received
KUDOS
LBS is now ranked No.3 in FT 2014 global rankings! Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 07:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: How Insightful References Can Boost Your Masters In Management Application
Hello again everyone! You’ve now decided to apply to the MiM programme and are carefully considering all the documents required in order to submit you best application. References, while they may seem an afterthought compared to the GMAT or your essays, as an integral part of the process – they can truly make or break […]

Manager
Manager

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 16:09
Any updates fellow R2-ers ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 04:07
docks wrote:
Any updates fellow R2-ers ?

Nope, interview decisions are out this Thursday so I guess we'll just have to wait until then.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 2.93

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 04:11
2 days left! can't keep my head in the work!!! :?
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Feb 2014, 04:11