Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 20:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 13:22
Going for R3....
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 09:59
Side note - I didn't see anyone comment on the AWESOME welcome packet from LBS.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 710 Q0 V0
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 18:07
esdykes wrote:

do share! How awesome is it ?

Note: this forum is not very lively... any more hopeful R2 applicants like me?
How long did it take in average for the R1 applicants out there to get interview invites? Do they wait for their deadline to send all invites, or do they come out before?

thanks!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2013, 18:48
cyril94115 wrote:
esdykes wrote:

How long did it take in average for the R1 applicants out there to get interview invites? Do they wait for their deadline to send all invites, or do they come out before?

thanks!

I'm a hopeful R2 applicant :) Hoping the answer to your question is that they wait until the deadline to send invites so I don't have to stress until Feb 8....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 06:44
esdykes wrote:

It was pretty sweet, included a Lonely Planet guide to London!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.18
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 14:37
alpa212 wrote:
cyril94115 wrote:
esdykes wrote:

thanks!

I'm a hopeful R2 applicant :) Hoping the answer to your question is that they wait until the deadline to send invites so I don't have to stress until Feb 8....

I received my interview invite early morning (US eastern time) the day before the deadline, but I don't think that's a rule. You should assume no earlier than the deadline.

And - Lonely Planet guide to London + cool neoprene case/sleeve thing in the LBS colors! Something to look forward to :)
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 06:54
Did anyone else in the NYC area get the invite from Oliver Ashby to attend drinks with LBS admissions and alumni next week? I'm trying to gauge how vital it is to attend as I'm supposed to be traveling so I need to decide if I should cancel my trip :/ Anyone who knows anything, please share!!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:16
I am an R2 applicant as well from Toronto, Canada. I did not get any alumni event invite or any feedback yet. I guess we have to wait till Feb 8
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 12:45
isn't this thread with an unusually low activity?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 134

GMAT Tests User
Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 21:36
Any R2 applicants heard back?

How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 33

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 20:59
R2 applicant.. and nope its all quiet on this front!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 28

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 01:14
Is this a sign that demand for MBA's is down YoY every school i've applied to seems to have a quieter message board. Well either that or people are bored of GMAT club!!

I am a hopefully R2er. Went to the insights evening and they really sold me the school. Sitting here with fingers and toes crossed until Feb 8th

If you find my post helpful, please GIVE ME SOME KUDOS!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2013, 15:06
jordanshl wrote:
Is this a sign that demand for MBA's is down YoY every school i've applied to seems to have a quieter message board. Well either that or people are bored of GMAT club!!

I am a hopefully R2er. Went to the insights evening and they really sold me the school. Sitting here with fingers and toes crossed until Feb 8th

Hello, jordanshl,
From just my curiosity, which school are you applying as you mentioned every school that you applied has a quieter board now?

Thank you in advance.
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q40 V49
GPA: 2.96
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 15:57
Chetangupta wrote:
I am an admit for MBA2015. And I would love to answer any questions you guys have here regarding the process, what to expect in interviews etc. Btw, the interview invites will be out on the mentioned date only, 3 PM GMT onwards. So no need to get worked up right now!

Just PM me or ask here, if you have any questions and we go from there. Look forward to meeting many of you in August in London.

Hi chetan can u share your interview experience with us? and also ur profile please?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

Reviews Badge
Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:02
Hi All,

I am a round 2 applicant and have a question on support letters.

I know a current MBA student and approached him during my application process. I read on the internet that London Busines School invites feedback from its students.

I am not sure if its too late to send the feedback and will it impact my chances negatively?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 4

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 04:46
mbaonly wrote:
Hi All,

I know a current MBA student and approached him during my application process. I read on the internet that London Busines School invites feedback from its students.

I am not sure if its too late to send the feedback and will it impact my chances negatively?

I don't believe that sending anything to adcom 3 days before the decision is the right thing to do. IMHO the best thing you can do now is waiting.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 06:32
Thank you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 215

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 16:31
mbaonly wrote:
Hi All,

I don't it would hurt you. Why would it? Actually, why don't you ask your friend his/her opinion on this!
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 07:02
Ducksworth wrote:
mbaonly wrote:
Hi All,

I don't it would hurt you. Why would it? Actually, why don't you ask your friend his/her opinion on this!

Thank you! Yes, I asked him. He feels that its late to send anything to the adcom now. Support letters should be sent a few weeks after the application submission or if the candidate is wait listed. I think its better to wait for the decision.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GMAT 3: 710 Q0 V0
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 09:20
Hi there!!! I am very surprised to see no activity here today! Has anybody received an invite to interview? Wasn't the decision date today? (Obviously I have not heard anything myself!)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: London Business School LBS 2013 - Calling all MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2013, 09:20