Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2012, 07:48
Shortlisted for interview for either Hong Kong, London or Vancouver. Anyone have any tips and advice?
Thanks guys
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 03 May 2012, 07:53
I made my interview last week, better than I was expecting. I hold an offer from MSc Management in Imperial? Can somebody states the differences between the schools? Imperial was first in FT however, LBS is not eligible for the ranking yet. Imperial has some pathways, LBS has more reputation and selectiveness. I am confused...

In addition, is there anybody who got an offer with an GMAT condition?
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 May 2012, 05:53
Hi everyone,

My name is Javier Tello, I'm from Argentina and I am glad to be joining you guys next September.
Is there a group on Facebook already created?? If there is it would be great to join and know a bit more from each of you
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 May 2012, 16:18
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing up my penultimate year at my university and I was wondering if I can get some feedback about my chances for getting an offer for LBS MiM. Here's my profile:

GPA: 3.83/4.00 after 6 semesters at small semi-selective school in U.S.
Degrees: BBA in Finance & Bachelor of Accountancy
GMAT: I have not taken it yet, but I'm getting 680-700 on practice tests.
Internship: 9 months at boutique private equity firm

In the fall I'm going to apply to Masters programs at LBS, LSE, and HEC Paris. Do I have a shot at any of these? Many thanks for your feedback!
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 05:16
Hi guys, just finished my interview with an alumni on 11 May. Does anyone know how long will it take for them to get back to me? Thanks =)
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 11:34
Mine came as long as my interviewer sent the form. However, interviewers have 2 weeks to send the form.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 05:40
This post received
KUDOS
If you had an interview at lbs its should take a week. If you had it via Skype or at another country it would take 2 or 3 weeks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 16:45
Dear dawnunder and realfancy

How was the interview? Would you mind sharing your interview experience? My interview is scheduled next week and i'm so nervous. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. x
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 May 2012, 03:35
Rejected. Oh well I gues it's off to LSE for me. A few things to say. If ur goal is banking... Don't tell them. This year only 20% got a banking job. Also if your non-euro your chances are slim to none. Out of all the Asian candidates I talked with none have been able to secure a position in the UK. 60% so far for people with an offer (whole program). Out of the Asian two are working in banking, but in China and they're working with local funds. If your German and want to work for big 3 consulting then your chances are decent. Most of the applicants got a job in Germany and Italy.
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 11:29
Hey guys, I am interested in applying for LBS MIM program and I have started my GMAT preparation since 2 months and I am planing to give the exam in Aug 2012. Can you please tell me the average GMAT score that is most preferably required while applying..??

In the course website i have seen 684 approx...but i wanted to listen from you guys...so please help!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 09:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

I'm a graduate of the MiM program at LBS (class of 2011). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the course. And I'm not sure what this nonsense about needing to be wary of Lisa Mortini is, but she's really cool. If you want to come to LBS, you need to know what you have to offer and why you want to come here, but any interviewer will ask you those things. No need to be extra wary of Lisa :-)

For all the admits, welcome to the LBS family. Everyone else, good luck with your applications!
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2012, 14:01
do not focus entirely on your GMAT. Mine was extremely low. However, I had many other things to offer and I got accepted.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 06:10
akshay90112 wrote:
hello everyone....i am also applying this september.....i am doing bachelor of commerce from the University Of Delhi and have an average of 70% which is quite a decent score with respect to the marks given by the institution.....i have participated a lot in various societies and clubs in my college....planning to give gmat soon and possibly sure of getting 680 or so.....a major drawback regarding my profile is that i have not done any internship.....will that affect my applicattion a great deal ?? :roll: ...
Friends please throw some light over the issue..... :) :)
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 09:12
I got GMAT 620 and I have just received an offer.

For LBS, their class average is 685, with the range 600-780. They suggested a score of 700 is seen as competitive.
Anyway I applied 4th July, I was then offered an interview on 24th July. And today 30th July now I have just received an offer.
I agree with many who said GMAT is only a part, I would say it accounts for 10% of everything they consider.
If I were to suggest anything, if you get anything above 680, don't worry about retaking. Instead, spend more time on researching and putting together your application essays.
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 04:55
Hi guys. I am keen on the Masters in Management programme scheduled to begin in Sept 2014. I have done my Bachelor of Commerce from H.R college ( University of Mumbai ) and scored 86% ( which is quite good ). Also i am completing part 1 of Masters in Commerce to get 16 years of education ( required for Imperial ). Also i am a Chartered Accountant having cleared all my exams in the first attempt. The Chartered Accountancy course has a compulsory 3 year articleship/internship as a part of the academic course which i had undertaken for 3 years with Deloitte which basically means i have interned for 3 years ( not sure if this qualifies as work exp ). Also , i was a director in the Rotaract Club of Bombay Hill South where i was awarded with the best creative director award for the year 2009 - 2010. In my opinion i also have a very good record of co-curricular activities. I have just started with my GMAT class. Just wanted to know when is it the best time to apply and what score should i roughly be looking at to compliment by profile to get me in. Also with the profile that i have what are my chances of getting accepted if my GMAT scores turn out to be good.Also , Is imperial a better option ? FT rankings say so. Just wanted a heads up guys. Hoping for a reply from someone looking at MiM 2014 or an alumni. Thanks
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 08:26
--double post--

Last edited by lowgpa101 on 12 Aug 2013, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2013, 08:26
I wanted to get my profile reviewed for the MiM/MMS/MSc Management programs out there.

Ill state all that I can in bullets for now.

I want to apply to :
1. Duke
2. UV M Comm
3. LBS
4. LSE
5. HEC Paris
6. CEMS ( Confused every mediocre student )
7. Imperial College

As you can notice Im going for the brand here and Im sure that the placements they have are better than what my college does.
I am looking to stay in the US/UK with my job for a few years before pursuing an ExecMBA/PhD depending on where I want to place myself.
Money -- Willing to take up a loan of upto 80 lacs.

Profile:

Indian National
BE Comp Sci from Manipal University
Graduating in 2014 July. Expected CGPA of 7+

Experience :
Internship with Ernst&Young ( Management Consulting arm - 2 months )
Two Startups cofounded. Both Pvt Ltd now. Not so impressive balance sheets
IT Sector & Manufacturing (3D Printers). Have had decent clientele.
Active in this sphere for 2 years now.

Founding member of a Not for profit trust chaired by Ex Alcatel Asia CEO.

Have my 8th semester internship left. Can be a research or industry based one as well.
Plan to apply once I have completed. Will pursue other interests / job for a year till the results are out.

I want to be a management consultant ( read pseudo intellectual at McKinsey )

LORs not an issue. Lot of people love me.

GMAT : Will apply only after I cross 720.

Big question :
Can I Make it?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 08:09
^ You'll definitely get into one of those schools at least..

I got on with A LOT less. But I am British and that helps.
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2013, 23:21
Hi,

would you know if LBS admits applicants with a little lower than the minimum requirement GPA of 2.1? or are they very straight forward about this that if you don't meet the 2.1 then you are out?

thanks
Sandy

ryanmhyung wrote:
I got GMAT 620 and I have just received an offer.

For LBS, their class average is 685, with the range 600-780. They suggested a score of 700 is seen as competitive.
Anyway I applied 4th July, I was then offered an interview on 24th July. And today 30th July now I have just received an offer.
I agree with many who said GMAT is only a part, I would say it accounts for 10% of everything they consider.
If I were to suggest anything, if you get anything above 680, don't worry about retaking. Instead, spend more time on researching and putting together your application essays.
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013   [#permalink] 23 Aug 2013, 23:21