Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Stockholm School of Economics (MSc Finance) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [2] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 04:23
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone! I will be applying to this program in the fall of 2011. If there is anyone else applying for the same program, let's share our thoughts.
Cheers!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 13:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hey just got an acceptance from LBS MiM 2013. Anyone else got in yet?

jigjagjai wrote:
Anyone aiming to apply in the 2nd round?
Does anyone know someone who has passed out or is currently enrolled? 1st hand info should be invaluable!

Jigjagjai just a piece of advice. They really seem to value students who are well-rounded and have an international mind-set so really emphasize that in your application and interview. They also want you to be honest, so in the interview don't hesitate about sharing experiences of any challenges you've ever had and how you've overcome them. It looks a lot better overconfidence - shows that ur not perfect but also that you can learn from your experiences. Other than that they seem to really value extracurricular and work experiences. They want to know that you're involved outside your academic life.

These are just a couple of questions they asked in my interview:
- What kind of leader are you?
- Who is a person in the business world who you admire, and why?
- Tell me of your proudest achievement? How did you measure the success of this achievement?
- If you were "King" of the business world and could do anything you wanted to change the business world, what would you do and why?
- Tell me of a situation where you had to resolve conflict in a team situation
- Tell me of a situation where you faced culture shock, and how you handled it
- If you had a colleague at work who is in a team with you but doesn't work or behave appropriately, what would you do?
- What do you do when you're not studying or managing your student society?
- Why do you want to go into consulting? (I stated in my application that I want to work in consulting)
- Do you have an alternate career plan if your original plans don't work?

I would just say be yourself, go over a few potential interview questions, your CV, and your cover letter so that you have answers ready, and be confident. They often look at points from your CV/Cover letter and then expand on that in the interview. Personally I thought my interview didn't go too well but ended up getting an offer anyhow.

Last edited by cynix on 09 Dec 2011, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 57 [1] , given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 19:45
This post received
KUDOS
I too am planning to apply this Fall.

Going to take the GMAT soon.

GMAT done - a mediocre score but I still have a lot of grit in me

The last 20 days of my GMAT journey

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 11:07
This post received
KUDOS
for everyone, www.mymimapp.com is a good website to get some insights on MiM programs :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Abhi: 9

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 6

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 20:02
This post received
KUDOS
applied to LBS MiM.. got dinged :(

gmat-730
toefl-118
B.Tech(Hons) in Electronics with 75.9%
average extra-curriculars
working full time since June 2011
worked really hard on the essays but I have no clue why i got dinged :(

Last edited by djabhi on 28 Jan 2012, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 02:24
This post received
KUDOS
Kansas wrote:
I wanna know whether I can apply to LBS MiM program while being still in college, final year, so that I can join straight from college

Yes you can, but you'd better hurry up :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 01:45
This post received
KUDOS
Really depends on where you want to work and what type of work you want. Also what type of style do you like. LSE is more renown around the world. Everyone has somewhat heard of LSE. Their MiM is more theory base and from the course page it seems to focus people to go into IBanking and Consulting. LBS is more niche sort of speak. It's truly just known by business people and no one else. Kinda like Western Ontario (CDNian by the way). Most people I have talked to, even business students and some professional have no clue about LBS. So technically LBS is like Western and LSE is like UT. If they know about ur school LBS is amazingly prestigious, but like I said the school is not commonly known.

LSE is mostly theory and it's going to be tougher, but since you have a non-business degree you might learn more. LBS seems a lot more slack and easy comparatively. The cool thing about LBS is they encourage the students to travel. My frd who's in it told me she was at Stockholm a month back and now she's going to Ghana. Both are LBS course trips. Honestly I am not sure about the Ibanking reputation for LBS, but it seems decent when I looked at their employment reports.

If you feel don't confident in your commerce/business knowledge and you want to learn the theories, I think LSE is better. If you want to have fun and network/interact with people from around the world. Doing fun and interactive case studies and field trips go to LSE.

Did a lot of research cause I only applied to those two and I already got accepted to LSE. Submitted my LBS application not long ago, so I am waiting for results.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 05:40
This post received
KUDOS
If you had an interview at lbs its should take a week. If you had it via Skype or at another country it would take 2 or 3 weeks
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 09:10
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

I'm a graduate of the MiM program at LBS (class of 2011). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the course. And I'm not sure what this nonsense about needing to be wary of Lisa Mortini is, but she's really cool. If you want to come to LBS, you need to know what you have to offer and why you want to come here, but any interviewer will ask you those things. No need to be extra wary of Lisa :-)

For all the admits, welcome to the LBS family. Everyone else, good luck with your applications!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2011, 07:58
hi i would also be applying in september 2011. please share your profile
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 09:40
my profile: international student (south-eastern Europe)
GPA: 92/100 for my home university and 4.0 for my exchange year in USA.
haven't taken yet GMAT.
good extracurricular experience and some part-time jobs with an international non-profit

how about you, karan02?
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2011, 08:04
hey nice profile

i dont know how to calculate GPA!!
i have got 72% in graduation in economics. i am the college topper.
i havent taken GMAT yet.
Gaining work experience right now
good extracurriculars
IELTS: 7

hey akhilesh, do share your profile buddy.
lets make it an interactive platform guys. Its my dream school and i hope urz too.:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 26

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 04:07
karan02 wrote:
hey nice profile

i dont know how to calculate GPA!!
i have got 72% in graduation in economics. i am the college topper.
i havent taken GMAT yet.
Gaining work experience right now
good extracurriculars
IELTS: 7

hey akhilesh, do share your profile buddy.
lets make it an interactive platform guys. Its my dream school and i hope urz too.:)

Does anyone have a friend or some acquaintance who currently is admitted to LBS MiM ?

GMAT done - a mediocre score but I still have a lot of grit in me

The last 20 days of my GMAT journey

Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2011, 21:56
nope
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 00:58
Hi,

I will be applying to LBS MiM as well for 2013. My profile:

Undergrads: 9.01/10 till 7 semester( Final result awaited) from top 10 college of India. topper of my batch
Internship :
1. 2 months in National research center
2. 5 and a half months in Goldman Sachs as an Operation-Technology intern

Will be taking Gmat in September
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2011, 23:42
Hi everyone!!!
I'm also plan to admit this fall. I'm fron easten Europe.
I'm really don't know my GPA but I've already got 6.0 in IELTS exem but I'll think i can much better. GMAT I'll pass in august.
3 years of work experience in bank field, 1 in constructing field.
I hope that we together make things right!!!!
Intern
Intern

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 05:06
hey jackfox1985, as far as i know MIM at LBS is for graduates with less than an year of experience. please check the website
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2011, 11:06
jackfox1985 wrote:
Hi everyone!!!
I'm also plan to admit this fall. I'm fron easten Europe.
I'm really don't know my GPA but I've already got 6.0 in IELTS exem but I'll think i can much better. GMAT I'll pass in august.
3 years of work experience in bank field, 1 in constructing field.
I hope that we together make things right!!!!

i believe you should check the MBA programs with such extensive work experience. MiM is for current graduates only
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS
WE 1: 3 months

Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 09:36
Hey, Guys..Just a small query..Is the requirement of less than 1 year of full time work experience, at the time of applying or before session starts in September?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2011, 11:26
I think it's before starting in September, but you could always contact the school stating your situation and getting an official response
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013   [#permalink] 09 Jul 2011, 11:26