Hey just got an acceptance from LBS MiM 2013. Anyone else got in yet?
Anyone aiming to apply in the 2nd round?
Does anyone know someone who has passed out or is currently enrolled? 1st hand info should be invaluable!
Jigjagjai just a piece of advice. They really seem to value students who are well-rounded and have an international mind-set so really emphasize that in your application and interview. They also want you to be honest, so in the interview don't hesitate about sharing experiences of any challenges you've ever had and how you've overcome them. It looks a lot better overconfidence - shows that ur not perfect but also that you can learn from your experiences. Other than that they seem to really value extracurricular and work experiences. They want to know that you're involved outside your academic life.
These are just a couple of questions they asked in my interview:
- What kind of leader are you?
- Who is a person in the business world who you admire, and why?
- Tell me of your proudest achievement? How did you measure the success of this achievement?
- If you were "King" of the business world and could do anything you wanted to change the business world, what would you do and why?
- Tell me of a situation where you had to resolve conflict in a team situation
- Tell me of a situation where you faced culture shock, and how you handled it
- If you had a colleague at work who is in a team with you but doesn't work or behave appropriately, what would you do?
- What do you do when you're not studying or managing your student society?
- Why do you want to go into consulting? (I stated in my application that I want to work in consulting)
- Do you have an alternate career plan if your original plans don't work?
I would just say be yourself, go over a few potential interview questions, your CV, and your cover letter so that you have answers ready, and be confident. They often look at points from your CV/Cover letter and then expand on that in the interview. Personally I thought my interview didn't go too well but ended up getting an offer anyhow.