Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64905 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: Long post, seeking guidance~ [#permalink]
I agree with Karishma; you've done everything right :)

In the coming few days, you should do things that Karishma has suggested.

What she suggested constitutes what I call the "outer game" or things that happen on the outside. I'm gonna tell you a bit about the "inner game" or what happens on the inside.

Remember this: You're only as good or as bad as you are on the test day!

I've seen people doing very well in their prep tests and crashing on the test day...

I've seen people doing very well in the actual GMAT despite poor scores on the prep tests...

In the next few days, the inner game is going to matter...

You will be nervous, you will doubt your preparation and you will be unsure... There is only one thing that will help you overcome these negative feelings and that is - Faith. Have faith in the preparation you have put in since May.

One way to do that is, visualizing. Visualize yourself putting in your best and reaching your target score. Make the picture as real as possible. Deliberately try and feel how you would feel if the target score has already been achieved. Each time the little voice in your head tells you that you have not done enough to get the target score, SPIT at it! It will cheer you up and get rid of the negativity (I personally visualize the negative voice coming from a tiny little red devil... and each time I destroy it in my own creative way e.g. sometimes I impale him with his own spear or imagine him being run over by a car or eaten by a shark or something)

All this mumbo jumbo works... I can vouch for it... I've never hit a +700 score in any of my mocks... But... I have scored as high as 750 in the actual GMAT :)

Good luck!
Director
Director
Send PM
I think my reply was longer than your post :)

he he

:beer
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

Thanks again for the replies. I thought perhaps the forum was dead, haha~

I can’t really do much right now other than review the materials and go through my error logs. I don’t want to postpone my test since the low score will intensify and motivate me to do even better the second time. I truly believe I can do well, maybe not 740+ but at least a 700.

This may sound like an excuse but I think my ongoing injury from my fractured vertebrae may have something to do with my ability to do well. During my injury, I used to study with a back brace and it’s not all that comfortable, and now with the back brace off, I get lower back cramps usually after the second hour. At least I will undergo physical therapy after my final doctor’s appoint on 10/4. Regardless, I’m prepared to take the exam and score around 300-500ish.

BTW Entwistle, I do believe your response is longer than my post.
Director
Director
Send PM
ha ha
Thanks for seconding my suspicion. Anyway, I hope you got something good out of it :)
GMAT Club Bot