Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Looking for a Profile Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Looking for a Profile Evaluation [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 00:32
Hi,

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions based upon my profile and an upcoming application Round 1 deadline. Before I ask the questions, the following is a summary of my background:

i) Background: 28 year old Indian male (US citizen)

ii) Undergrad: Univ of Mich undergrad with major in Econ and minors in math and phil, GPA 2.95

Low GPA statement: self supported my way through school working a few part time jobs

iii) Career: 2 years in market research, last 3.5 years in supply chain consulting firm which is market leader in its niche. Promoted once from analyst to associate, pay raise every six months. Have moved from analytical spreadsheet work when I started to now leading projects and managing people. Expected to be officially promoted to manager in Jan/Feb based upon last review. For leadership, one of the things I can talk about is how I have driven change within specific departmens at our Fortune 500 clients.

iv) GMAT: 710 (49Q and 38 V)

v) Extra curriculars:

College- editor of a publication for a student organization, camp counselor for a summer for middle school and high school kids, boxing club, philosophy club

Post College: volunteer for non-profit for a 2 years now - recently fundraising work and developing a program to generate more volunteers in different cities for this organization

vi) Post MBA career - pursue a career in supply chain finance and using MBA to gain specialized knowledge in finance, acquire exposure to international business principles.

My questions -

1. In the current volatile economic climate business schools are probably anticipating an increase in application volumes. How much more critical is it to get an application in during round 1 versus round 2? I just finished my GMAT and have a 2 weeks to make the Round 1 for MIT- assuming I scramble to make the deadline and manage to get recommendations as well put together quality essays, will my candidacy be better positioned in R1 or will it be roughly equal to R2 or worse?

2. Can you classify the following schools that I am targeting as a stretch/sweet/safe school:

Sloan, Stern, Chicago GSB, Haas, Columbia, Tuck, London Business School, INSEAD, IESE, IMD, ESADE

Except for Stern , IMD and possibly Sloan, I will only be able meet R2s at all other schools.

3. Any other high ranked schools you would recommend that I look into?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes