Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Looking for MBA events to get me in touch with admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Looking for MBA events to get me in touch with admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 03:34
Hi there,

I'm about to start my applications for MBA full-time programmes and am looking for some sort of events that can get me in touch with admissions directors - to clear away any queries, get insider info on programmes/application procedure etc, and of course to leave a good impression. Does anyone of you know any good events in London??

I have heard of the Connect 1-2-1 event that brings together MBA candidates with admissions people all over the world - has anyone ever attended that event and can give me some advice on whether it was useful? I know it's taking place again in London May 15th with pretty good b-schools taking part, so I'm considering registering there. Has anyone got any info on that?

Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Britta
Intern
Intern

Re: Looking for MBA events to get me in touch with admissions [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2010, 05:05
Hey Britta,

Yeah, I went to one Connect event in New York in February and it was really useful. I got to meet with admissions directors from b-schools like Georgetown, IE and Warwick, which really helped me decide where to apply. Also, it helped me get through the admissions process since they already knew me. So if you get a chance to go to the Connect event in London, definitely use that opportunity! As far as I know these events take place pretty much worldwide and very frequently. If you need more info on them, check out their website www[dot]topmba[dot]com/connect or simply google them - that's how I found out about it.

All the best,
Lizz
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Looking for MBA events to get me in touch with admissions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 03:10
BrittaKoch wrote:
Hi there,

I'm about to start my applications for MBA full-time programmes and am looking for some sort of events that can get me in touch with admissions directors - to clear away any queries, get insider info on programmes/application procedure etc, and of course to leave a good impression. Does anyone of you know any good events in London??

I have heard of the Connect 1-2-1 event that brings together MBA candidates with admissions people all over the world - has anyone ever attended that event and can give me some advice on whether it was useful? I know it's taking place again in London May 15th with pretty good b-schools taking part, so I'm considering registering there. Has anyone got any info on that?

Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Britta

Britta,
I also know of another event after that one taking place in London on Thursday 27th May. It's happening at the headquarters of BNP Paribas in Marylebone. A French school called HEC Paris is hosting the event but from what I've it's more about finding out about b-schools in general, plus there will be some workshops on the dreaded GMAT-I know I need all the help with that!
I found all the info on www[dot]businessbecause[dot]com[forward slash]hec[dot]htm
and here is an article about a 1-2-1 Connect event:
www[dot]businessbecause[dot]com[forward slash]admissions[forward slash]undercover[hyphen]at[hyphen]mba[hyphen]1[hyphen]2[hyphen]1[hyphen]event[dot]htm

Give me a shout if you would like anymore info :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Looking for MBA events to get me in touch with admissions [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2010, 07:09
Hi there,

Thanks so much for your help. I'll surely sign up for Connect, that seems to be the ideal event to meet with admissions directors and really get to know the schools and their programmes.

Thanks again!

Britta
Intern
Intern

Re: get me in touch with admissions through Connect 1-2-1 event [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 02:31
hi there,

that connect 1-2-1 event really does sound great - i've already signed up for it on their website and they have pretty good b-schools coming to london, may 15th, incl. warwick, hec, ie, duke, manchester b-school and escp. can't wait to meet with their admissions directors in a 1-2-1 meeting without having to queue up at any stand as is the case at usual fairs.

thanks for posting this!

claire
Re: get me in touch with admissions through Connect 1-2-1 event   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2010, 02:31