Hello GMATClub folks,
I've really been enjoying participating in the forum. Some people were kind enough to respond to my earlier post regarding a large GMAT increase (thanks y'all!) and so I thought you may be able to offer some additional perspective.
My profile is as follows:
I have a great career going in one of the tier two (Deloitte, Accenture, IBM, KPMG, etc) firms in a management consulting practice but have been thinking about an MBA since I graduated from college.
My employer has a tuition reimbursement program for high performers like me and I wish to pursue a graduate degree to increase my skills and move from my current human capital focus to more strategic consulting work. I would like to transition to the McKinsey/BCG/Bain tier but will potentially need to return to my employer to fulfill the requirements of the scholarship program.
I’m definitely an intuitive-verbal-communicator type and had to do some serious studying to get my GMAT quant score up. http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Female, 27 – 28 at matriculation (June, 1984)
Caucasian, of Italian decent (immigrant parents)
GMAT: 740 (48Q, 44V, 6.0 AWA)
BA English Literature & Creative Writing, Liberal Arts School, 2006 with Minors in Economics & Classical History
GPA: 3.66, with strong grades in all quant classes including Calc, Econ Quant I & II, Accounting, etc.
• Study Abroad: 7 months in Rome, Italy with coursework in Classics, History, Italian Language, Art History
• Lots of University Extra Curriculars in music, sports, community volunteering
4.5 years (5.5 at matriculation) at major consultancy’s management consulting practice
• Specialization in Human Capital consulting
• Promoted from analyst to consultant to manager in 4.5 years (extra fast-track)
• Rated in top 30% FY09, FY10, top 5% FY11
• Projects included ERP, M&A (pre acquisition readiness), strategic planning governance
• Lots of formal and informal leadership experience (consultant and client direct reports, volunteer leadership roles, etc)
• Lead new hire integration program
• On MBA and BA recruiting team for big 10 university
• 2 Pro Bono projects with local environmental non-profit (talent strategy, strategic planning)
• (non-work) Accounting Aid - tax preparation for low income residents
• (non-work) Mentorship program for middle schooler with autismPlease help me to:
1. Assess my chances at the schools I am applying to below
2. Provide opinions if I should apply to any of the other schools on my firm's tuition reimbursement list
I am currently writing essays and finalizing apps for:
Sanford GSB - stretch school
Booth - nearer stretch
The additional schools on my firm’s scholarship program are:
Thanks much in advance!
GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789