Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 01:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LOW GMAT and high GPA

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

LOW GMAT and high GPA [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2007, 13:10
My GMAT score is 660 (q:48 v:33)
have master's in biology from virginia tech (myself am an indian)
GPA 3.91
working for a biotech company for 2yrs
* with the above credentials can i considering applying to Rotman's or any other top canadian universities?
Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Posts: 4318
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: LOW GMAT and high GPA [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2007, 13:40
rgupta25 wrote:
My GMAT score is 660 (q:48 v:33)
have master's in biology from virginia tech (myself am an indian)
GPA 3.91
working for a biotech company for 2yrs
* with the above credentials can i considering applying to Rotman's or any other top canadian universities?
Thanks!

I believe you are competitive for any canadian school
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: LOW GMAT and high GPA [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2007, 14:35
Paul wrote:
rgupta25 wrote:
My GMAT score is 660 (q:48 v:33)
have master's in biology from virginia tech (myself am an indian)
GPA 3.91
working for a biotech company for 2yrs
* with the above credentials can i considering applying to Rotman's or any other top canadian universities?
Thanks!

I believe you are competitive for any canadian school


Thanks! i am also considering Fully employed MBA option at UCLA.
can I keep my hopes up for UCLA as well?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 187
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 7

Re: LOW GMAT and high GPA [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 21:09
rgupta25 wrote:
Thanks! i am also considering Fully employed MBA option at UCLA.
can I keep my hopes up for UCLA as well?


Your GMAT is on the lower side for UCLA. Their average GMAT score is 707, and the 80% range is 660-750. This places you quite at the bottom of their class composition, when eveluated for the GMAT. The admissions committee would need a really solid reason to admit you - think excellence in other aspects of your profile.

Namita Garg,
www.mbadecoder.com
_________________

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3062
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 499 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: LOW GMAT and high GPA [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 22:14
Expert's post
Oooooooor since your experience is a bit too low anyhow, why not just retake the GMAT and beat a 700?
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: LOW GMAT and high GPA   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2013, 22:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Profile Evaluation. Low GPA, High GMAT Tom007 0 14 Nov 2010, 11:49
Where to apply? Low GPA/High GMAT kseel 4 05 Jul 2010, 11:24
Experts publish their posts in the topic URM, low GPA, mid to high GMAT score. bnessman 5 23 Jun 2010, 07:04
URM, low GPA, middle to high GMAT. Chances? bnessman 2 22 Jun 2010, 23:30
Low GPA balanced by High GMAT? tsaditya 3 22 Jan 2008, 22:02
Display posts from previous: Sort by

LOW GMAT and high GPA

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.