Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:45

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low Gmat score.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Low Gmat score. [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 01:35
I gave my Gmat on 14th june 2013 and got a pathetic score of 360 :shock: I still can't digest it coz i was scoring way more than what i got in the real test.These are my Mock test's results.

Gmat prep 1 - 430
Gmat Poer prep - 450
Gmat pwer prep 2 - 500
Manhattan Gmat - 530
Veritas prep - 560
Gmat prep 2 - 470

As u can see, after my first mock test my scores went on increasing with each test except for the last one.In the last mock i didn't manage the time well and i reckon that could be the reason i got a low score.My best score was in Veritas prep were i got 560(verbal 31, quants 36).On the test day i was very confident.I was not nervous and didn't have any negative thoughts.After i completed the test i had a feeling that i did good and was expecting a score around 550 but have no clue how i scored so low. In fact as u can see i scored 430 in my 1st mock when i just had my concepts cleared and wanted to see what my level is and i got 360(verbal 17,quants 23) in my Gmat :?
Plzzzzz can anyone tell me what could be the reason for such a low score or do anyone know who had an experience like this?
Plzzzzzzzzzz help me.

Last edited by Andy6 on 01 Jul 2013, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1070

Kudos [?]: 4771 [0], given: 163

Re: Low Gmat score. [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 20:15
Expert's post
Andy6 wrote:
I gave my Gmat on 14th june 2013 and got a pathetic score of 360 :shock: I still can't digest it coz i was scoring way more than what i got in the real test.These are my Mock test's results.

Gmat prep 1 - 430
Gmat Poer prep - 450
Gmat pwer prep 2 - 500
Manhattan Gmat - 530
Veritas prep - 560
Gmat prep 2 - 470

As u can see, after my first mock test my scores went on increasing with each test except for the last one.In the last mock i didn't manage the time well and i reckon that could be the reason i got a low score.My best score was in Veritas prep were i got 560(verbal 31, quants 36).On the test day i was very confident.I was not nervous and didn't have any negative thoughts.After i completed the test i had a feeling that i did good and was expecting a score around 550 but have no clue how i scored so low. In fact as u can see i scored 430 in my 1st mock when i just had my concepts cleared and wanted to see what my level is and i got 360(verbal 17,quants 23) in my Gmat :?
Plzzzzz can anyone tell me what could be the reason for such a low score or do anyone know ho who had an experience like this?
Plzzzzzzzzzz help me.

Though not very frequently, but sometimes this does happen - the actual score is sometimes far lower than the practice test scores. The reasons for this are varied and it's very hard to pin point them with the little information. GMAT prep 2 score should have been an indication that things aren't exactly going as desired. There could be various reasons for inflated scores in prep tests - comfort of home, no distress, no nervousness, no distractions. Some people find it difficult to adjust to the official language if they haven't spend enough time on OG.

We can assume that you are capable of achieving 500 currently. All you need is proper guidance. You could do one of two things - get the complete prep material of one of the providers and go through it thoroughly or join a course (to get the material as well as guidance).

Besides check out this excellent blog post on the situation you are in currently: http://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2013/04 ... -the-gmat/

Also, check out our free online prep sessions: http://www.veritasprep.com/g-matt-mondays/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Low Gmat score. [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 08:26
Thnx Karishma for your guidance. Im looking forward to give my 2nd attempt and i know that i will nail it. Thnx once again.:)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Low Gmat score. [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 10:21
Andy the key to doing well on the GMAT is learning the timing.. keep taking mock GMAT exams using a timer and your score will improve for sure

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Re: Low Gmat score.   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2013, 10:21