Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low GMAT score 3 years back

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Low GMAT score 3 years back [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2006, 22:39
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I gave GMAT twice 3 years back and my highest score was 570. It figured it is too low to get into a decent B School. I got very intimidated and did not attempt it again. Now after more than 3 years, I have decided to go for it again. I have been preparing for the past couple of months.

Would B-schools know that I had already appeared twice though it was more than 3 years ago?

Any pointers to me take score my into the higher 600s? I have not given any practice tests yet.

I am planning to give the actual test before end of august. Which practice tests should I go for?

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 422 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2006, 23:03
I believe the schools will receive your scores from the last 5 years. But you shouldn't worry because almost every single school has a stated policy that they will take your top score. There are a few schools that will average your scores if you have more than 3, but since your other scores are much older, you might even be able to get them to forget about that. Some schools (Dartmouth I think) state that they will take your higher score from each section if you take the test several times.

So, don't worry about your old scores and do your best on your current test.

For practice, I would advise the Official Guide 11th edition, the GMATprep software that you can download from the official GMAT registration website, and the old paper tests, also available for purchase at the website.

I would strongly advise against using Kaplan.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2006, 23:13
Thanks Pelihu. I really need a strong boost to my score. Hope I do well.
  [#permalink] 07 Aug 2006, 23:13