Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 02:53
Hi,

I wrote my GMAT today and got a dismal score of 560(Q46V21).
My question is not what guys have previously asked on this forum.
("Where do I apply with this score? --or-- Do I retake the GMAT?")

My question to you guys is, what do I do to improve my score when I will be giving the test again after a month? How do I do it? Your views?

:(

Background:
I work for an MNC - in the computer networking industry - full time.
Had got around 680 in Veritas, Manhattan, Princeton Review and GMATPrep.
Next GMAT date: Have not booked yet. But will give after a month when the slot opens.

************************
Kudos me if you like the post!
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: Applying ~
Affiliations: University of Mumbai - Topper in Mathematics
Joined: 10 May 2010
Posts: 7
Location: India
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
Schools: HBS '13, INSEAD, IMD
GMAT Date: 09-23-2012
GPA: 3
WE: Business Development (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 07:03
Hey Harsh...No worries mate! my roomie is going to post his debrief soon...

I hope you will be motivated from him
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1318
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 473 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 07:39
harshjoshi91 wrote:
Hi,

I wrote my GMAT today and got a dismal score of 560(Q46V21).
My question is not what guys have previously asked on this forum.
("Where do I apply with this score? --or-- Do I retake the GMAT?")

My question to you guys is, what do I do to improve my score when I will be giving the test again after a month? How do I do it? Your views?

:(

Background:
I work for an MNC - in the computer networking industry - full time.
Had got around 680 in Veritas, Manhattan, Princeton Review and GMATPrep.
Next GMAT date: Have not booked yet. But will give after a month when the slot opens.


Hi Harsh, two possibilities are there.

1. It was your bad day as you have been scoring near 680 (as mentioned by you). In this case, you can go for a second shot within a month time. Identify your weak areas from the sample CATs you have taken. I think verbal is the key in your case. As you have already consumed gmat prep then its better to do all the gmat prep questions again. There is a famous gmat prep SC document floating here that contains about 180 gmat prep SC questions. You can also use the tag list option in this forum to find out a big pool of tough verbal questions with detailed explanations. You can also find the paper tests & practice their verbal part. I hope with this strategy you can hit the desired score in your next attempt.

2. If the real test score represents your real abilities, then I doubt that you can recover or develop your verbal skills in a month time. In that case, my recommendation would be to take atleast 40-50 days for a retake. Several options are there, including Knewton, which provides a money back guarantee.

Any queries? Kindly let us know & keep us posted. Best of luck for the retake!
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA fund
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 1860
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 07:56
Have you read this thread?

should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html
_________________

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 203
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 19:51
As you can see Verbal is hurting you and i'm positive you just had a bad day. Were you doing better on the Quant in practice test?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2010, 11:09
qweert wrote:
As you can see Verbal is hurting you and i'm positive you just had a bad day. Were you doing better on the Quant in practice test?



Thanks qweert for asking this.

Well.. A couple of points more, but I never crossed 49.. I am sure I need to improve there too..
Why did you ask? You have something in mind?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2010, 11:12
Hussain15 wrote:
1. It was your bad day as you have been scoring near 680 (as mentioned by you). In this case, you can go for a second shot within a month time. Identify your weak areas from the sample CATs you have taken. I think verbal is the key in your case. As you have already consumed gmat prep then its better to do all the gmat prep questions again. There is a famous gmat prep SC document floating here that contains about 180 gmat prep SC questions. You can also use the tag list option in this forum to find out a big pool of tough verbal questions with detailed explanations. You can also find the paper tests & practice their verbal part. I hope with this strategy you can hit the desired score in your next attempt.

Any queries? Kindly let us know & keep us posted. Best of luck for the retake!



I will find these and practice. Thanks for the directions Hussain.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2012
Posts: 417
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 345 [0], given: 182

Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2012, 15:59
I found those 180 SC notes. Those are extracted from GMAT prep (nothing new)
_________________

Thanks,
PraPon

Tough 700+ Level RCs: Passage1 | Passage2 | Passage3 | Passage4 | Passage5 | Passage6 | Passage7
Reading Comprehension notes: Click here
VOTE: vote-best-gmat-practice-tests-excluding-gmatprep-144859.html
PowerScore CR Bible - Official Guide 13 Questions Set Mapped: Click here

Re: Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2012, 15:59
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Low GMAT score_apply_retake after kundyz 4 11 Apr 2013, 12:44
HELP !!! GMAT score 700, retake required ?? adibitsg 1 26 Aug 2011, 10:34
KOLKATA gmat center-Inputs required bblast 0 15 Jun 2011, 10:10
Planning to retake the GMAT-Low score- Help! Fabio813 1 21 Jul 2009, 15:39
Low GMAT score 660. Retake? hiriyur 1 19 Dec 2005, 13:17
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Low GMAT Score: Retaking: Your inputs required

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.