Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2007, 18:29
Hi-

I'm interested in learning more about acceptance rates for women. I've had a successful career with 7+ years of experience and I am interested in now pursuing a one year MBA.

I've looked into some options, but I'm a little concerned about my GPA and GMAT scores since neither are very high....my GPA in undergrad was around a 3.0 and my GMAT practice scores are anywhere from 550 to 610.

Is it impossible to get into schools given these parameters? I'm looking at the following one year programs: usc, unc at chapel hill, u of illinois, emory, usd, pepperdine and uc davis (part time program).

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 0

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2007, 12:03
drss88 wrote:
Hi-

I'm interested in learning more about acceptance rates for women. I've had a successful career with 7+ years of experience and I am interested in now pursuing a one year MBA.

I've looked into some options, but I'm a little concerned about my GPA and GMAT scores since neither are very high....my GPA in undergrad was around a 3.0 and my GMAT practice scores are anywhere from 550 to 610.

Is it impossible to get into schools given these parameters? I'm looking at the following one year programs: usc, unc at chapel hill, u of illinois, emory, usd, pepperdine and uc davis (part time program).

Thanks

drss88,

With your numbers you can certainly get into USD, Pepperdine, U of I (aim for the 610 here minimum), and UC Davis part-time (full-time is a different story). You may also have a solid shot at UNC and Emory if the rest of your profile is strong: good leadership and impact, solid extracurriculars and community, and -- ideally -- an interesting personal background. A 610 would place you just inside the middle 80% of GMATs for UNC and just outside the middle 80% for Emory. If you are from an ethnic minority this will significantly increase your odds. The lower edge of USC's middle 80% is 640 so the rest of your application would really have to be impressive for a 610 to get you in.

Hope this helps,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT Date: 11-29-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 27

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 11:59
Havin 7 yrs of work ex is highly advantage. SO even low gmat scores are ok ok..
Manager
Manager

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 12:00
I think you can easily get admit into a very good college with 610
Manager
Manager

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2011, 12:00
Please let us share the news about ur admission. All the best..
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 12:16
Expert's post
avenkatesh007 wrote:
Please let us share the news about ur admission. All the best..

The original post is from 4 years ago. I doubt she's still on this forum anymore.

Regards,
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
jbloom@accepted.com
310-815-9553

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Intern
Intern
Schools: Katz '17
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Low GMAT scores - still possible to get accepted? [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 08:17
Hi

I have undergraduate degree in pharmaceuticals and experience for about 3 years in the International Business Div. of a Pharmaceutical Company in India. I do have extra-curricular/academic awards to my credit and on a personal level, I am extremely passionate about teaching . I spend my time teaching underprivileged and blind students in my leisure time . MBA has been on my mind since some time and this year, I am considering applying to US-Universities. However, my dilemma lies in my GMAT scores and multiple attempts ; I am not too sure how admissions councils would approach my scores below.

660 - Aug'2010
590 - Nov'2013
630 - Jan'2014.

I am considering a full time MBA program and would appreciate if any of you could advise on B-schools... My lists consists of UNC, Kelley, Boston, Carlson, Smeal, Terry, USD to name a few.. Perhaps , i have been a bit ambitious and would appreciate any suggestions in this regard ..

Thank you kindly.