Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Low GPA, what to do? [#permalink]
09 Nov 2010, 21:05
This post was BOOKMARKED
I would like to know what to do if one has low GPA? I have 6.83/10, it would be around 2.7/4. I have done Mechanical Engineering from good college in India and I will have 4 years of work-ex at the time of applying.
I still have to take GMAT.
Can I take some online courses? What should I do to enhance my chances of acceptance?
Re: Low GPA, what to do? [#permalink]
09 Nov 2010, 21:12
This post received KUDOS
Thanks for reaching out. It's a five-step process:
1. Crush the GMAT to balance out your academic profile and remove concerns about intellectual horsepower.
2. Enroll for some courses so you can show the focus necessary. Doesn't matter where the classes are, just get As.
3. Identify schools that are going to more tolerant of your GPA. This means bigger programs (more able to absorb a lower mark), programs with lower average GPAs (like Ross), or programs that defy the first two but have some anecdotal accounts (such as Haas).
4. Work diligently on your applications to showcase maturity/discipline/focus. Make sure to showcase when the "lightbulb came on."
5. Seriously consider working with a trusted advisor or reputable admissions consultant to ensure that you forward perfect applications. Any additional flaws will mean game over.
You can still be competitive, but you have to follow the five steps above. PM me if we come into the equation.