Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 08:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low-Low GMAT Score... school options with no GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Low-Low GMAT Score... school options with no GMAT? [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 07:50
Anyone know of good schools that do not require GMAT? Studied for 3-4 months and got a 430 on the test. I could just retake it, but at $250 a clip, I would want to take a few more months to study and raise the score. Aiming for around 600. Bought and studied/practiced from every good book out there.... Cracking the GMAT, 1012 GMAT questions, OG 12 Ed, Kaplan Premier (now Online), and used GMATPrep from GMAC. So dissapointed and depressed. :(
I have to take and pass the GMAT, apply/be accepted/and be enrolled in a MBA program before June in order to remain employed and have the company foot the bill. This does not leave me much time to study and retake the test as the admission deadlines are coming up within the next month or 2 if they haven't passed already.
So, long story short, I was told that some schools do not require a GMAT or don't weigh it heavily in the acceptance criteria. Looking at your lists, I couldn't find any information on that.

Any help?!?!

PS... I'm a good student, just seemed to brain fart through the whole test... I was deans list and presidents list all through college and grad. from Penn State with a 3.7. So i'm not a slacker and I don't have crappy study skills, I have no idea what happened on this test...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 339 [0], given: 19

Premium Member
Re: Low-Low GMAT Score... school options with no GMAT? [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2009, 10:34
Expert's post
sorry to hear about your GMAT woes.

are you targeting top-tier or mid-tier schools?

The top-tier schools are not AS focus on the numbers, but that generally means a 750 will not give you a significant advantage over 700.
Typically, it's the top-tier schools that will consider other tests. Stanford will accept GRE, maybe Harvard. However, all the schools do need one form of standardized test or another.

The mid to lower-tier schools unfortunately focuses a lot more on the numbers. Since they do not get strong application pools and need the high GMAT score to boost their rankings.

My advice is to re-take the GMAT for a higher score.
Re: Low-Low GMAT Score... school options with no GMAT?   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2009, 10:34