Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 00:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Low TOEFL writing score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: Low TOEFL writing score? [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2012, 07:57
bseb wrote:
UPDATE:
I took the TOEFL a second time a couple of weeks ago, and I got 118! Reading: 30, Listening: 30, Speaking: 30, Writing: 28. Of course, I'm very happy with this score and I'm glad this is out of the way. In the end, I didn't practice the writing section a lot more than the first time. I just tried to memorize the essay structure given as an example in the official ETS preparation book. One more thing: don't be afraid to retake the TOEFL if you think you can do better, unlike the GMAT it is possible to choose which score you want to send to the business schools you're applying to.

Good luck to all of you!

Now the real fun begins, it's time to start studying for the GMAT...

Hi,

I am about to take the TOEFL in a month time now, I read your post and was surprised by the fact that you can actually choose the score you want to send!. Is that the case for any school? Say you got 90 and then 115, schools will not be able to see your first score?

Thanks

Sam
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.86
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Low TOEFL writing score? [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2012, 08:25
Man, your score is pretty good! Just polish your essays with the state-of-the-art creativity you will be fine. As a person who took the TOEFL iBT 4 times I can say for sure that having Writing score of 21 is better than Listening score of 21. My Writing section score was 28, but Listening - 20, so I got to retake it because of way low listening, which is considered much more important than lets say Writing. So, you are good to go with that score!

bseb wrote:
Hi every one!

I recently took the TOEFL and my score is 109. I did well on Reading, Listening and Speaking (30, 30 and 28) but my writing score is pretty low (only 21...). Even though many schools only have an overall score requirement, I'm wondering if I should retake the test and try to get a better writing score. I'm afraid that my 21 in writing will hurt my application... Any advices are welcome!

Thanks.

God loves the steadfast.

Re: Low TOEFL writing score?   [#permalink] 11 Sep 2012, 08:25