Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 02:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

lsat II sec.IV - 12

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
lsat II sec.IV - 12 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 10:31
12. “Though they soon will, patients should not have a legal right to see their medical records. As a doctor, I see two reasons for this. First, giving them access will be time-wasting because it will significantly reduce the amount of time that medical staff can spend on more important duties, by forcing them to retrieve and return files. Second, if my experience is anything to go by, no patients are going to ask for access to their records anyway.”
Which one of the following, if true, establishes that the doctor’s second reason does not cancel out the first?
(A) The new law will require that doctors, when seeing a patient in their office, must be ready to produce the patient’s records immediately, not just ready to retrieve them.
(B) The task of retrieving and returning files would fall to the lowest-paid member of a doctor’s office staff.
(C) Any patients who asked to see their medical records would also insist on having details they did not understand explained to them.
(D) The new law does not rule out that doctors may charge patients for extra expenses incurred specifically in order to comply with the new law.
(E) Some doctors have all allowing their patients access to their medical records, but those doctors’ patients took no advantage of this policy.

Please, full explanations. thanks
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 98 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: lsat II sec.IV - 12 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 09:42
I go for A

Which one of the following, if true, establishes that the doctor’s second reason does not cancel out the first?-> this means though patients don't ask for, the doctor needs to produce the patient's medical file

(A) The new law will require that doctors, when seeing a patient in their office, must be ready to produce the patient’s records immediately, not just ready to retrieve them.-> even if the patient does not ask for , the doc needs to produce thus second one does not cancel the first here. thus the answer

(B) The task of retrieving and returning files would fall to the lowest-paid member of a doctor’s office staff.->

(C) Any patients who asked to see their medical records would also insist on having details they did not understand explained to them.-> by second reason, NO patients ask for records thus eliminate this

(D) The new law does not rule out that doctors may charge patients for extra expenses incurred specifically in order to comply with the new law.->irrelevant, eliminate it

(E) Some doctors have all allowing their patients access to their medical records, but those doctors’ patients took no advantage of this policy.->this does cancel out the first thus eliminate it

Persistence+Patience+Persistence+Patience=G...O...A...L

Re: lsat II sec.IV - 12   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2008, 09:42