Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 13:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LSAT Verbal Bible

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

LSAT Verbal Bible [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 15:58
Hi guys,

In some past post, I posted that if someone needed a copy of LSAT CR bible, please send me a PM and I will send them the book. I had too many PMs so posting the link here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ezztbgiss1

I got this link from another GMAT forum.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 254 [0], given: 4

[#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2007, 16:08
wow nice! i just started reading my PowerScore Logic Games Bible that i bought on Amazon. this will complement it nicely. :lol:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

LSAT Verbal Bible [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 04:34
This is really great !!! Thanks.
Director
Director
Schools: University of Chicago, Wharton School
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 7

Re: LSAT Verbal Bible [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 05:15
financeguy wrote:
Hi guys,

In some past post, I posted that if someone needed a copy of LSAT CR bible, please send me a PM and I will send them the book. I had too many PMs so posting the link here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ezztbgiss1

I got this link from another GMAT forum.

Thanks

how is this material????????????????????????????
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 07:04
thanks financeguy! a lot of reading material.. :?
Manager
Manager

Re: LSAT Verbal Bible [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 18:50
Fistail wrote:

Yes, it's a lot of reading but if you have the patience to spend 4-5 hours on this book - half way through the material you realize that your CR ability has definitely surpassed the level tested in GMAT.

Thanks
Director
Director
Schools: University of Chicago, Wharton School
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 7

Re: LSAT Verbal Bible [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 18:56
financeguy wrote:
Fistail wrote:

Yes, it's a lot of reading but if you have the patience to spend 4-5 hours on this book - half way through the material you realize that your CR ability has definitely surpassed the level tested in GMAT.

Thanks

thanks. i am starting it now and will spend a week on it. ..................
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 04:56
Thanks Finance Guy.
VP
VP
Schools: Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 13

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 05:49
This material is truly recommended for all serious players.. I just love the way they have explained difficult stuff so easily...
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 06:01
N750 wrote:
Thanks Finance Guy.

You are welcome.

dwivedys wrote:
This material is truly recommended for all serious players.. I just love the way they have explained difficult stuff so easily...

Yes. it makes you laugh at GMAT CR questions if you can get through these 500 pages.

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 254 [0], given: 4

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 06:02
i want to be one of the serious players. :twisted:
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 06:05
bmwhype2 wrote:

How did you get this picture moving??? :roll:
VP
VP
Schools: Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 07:00
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

I think she's got it in a GIF format :-)

BMW - one would have to be seriously insane to believe you anything BUT a serious player :-)

By the way - what role do you think is BUT playing in the sentence above? (Preposition or conjunction?)

I don't know so please don't ask me - but I am sure we work so hard, we are entitled to have some fun as well with our mates :-)) Right?
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 08:46
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

BMW - one would have to be seriously insane to believe you anything BUT a serious player :-)

By the way - what role do you think is BUT playing in the sentence above? (Preposition or conjunction?)

I don't know so please don't ask me - but I am sure we work so hard, we are entitled to have some fun as well with our mates :-)) Right?

I would say preposition.....but acts as "except for"
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 08:52
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

Vikram - can you explain this a little more? why a preposition? I know it acts as a preposition in this construct but do not understand the logic that drives such a conclusion.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 09:30
dwivedys wrote:
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

Vikram - can you explain this a little more? why a preposition? I know it acts as a preposition in this construct but do not understand the logic that drives such a conclusion.

I will try

We know that "for" is a preposition.

Eg: I nomiate saurabh for Pres.

But the same "for" can act as a conjunction (I am talking about option C in the question below)

http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=50354

So "but" is a cordinating conjunction and the context here as in the previous example I gave is different.

I think it stands for "except for a serious player"

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000168.htm

So it is a noun phrase IMO :)
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 09:20
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

I will try

But the same "for" can act as a conjunction (I am talking about option C in the question below)

So "but" is a cordinating conjunction and the context here as in the previous example I gave is different.

Vikram - Thanks a lot buddy. That helps.

BUT is one of the six coordinating conjunctions (often denoted by the acronym –

FANBOYS - For, and, nor, but, or, yet, so). As a coordinating conjunction of course, one of the functions of but is to join two independent clauses. However, as shown in the example above (consider anything BUT), BUT can also act as a preposition.

As a preposition it clarifies the relationship between the subject and what the subject ought to be considered (it would be insane to consider you anything but a serious player) - But plays the role of preposition clarifying that the subject (YOU) must be considered a serious player and that not considering YOU a serious player would be foolish.

Basically, i was trying to understand how to identify a word playing the part of a preposition when the word itself is not one of our standard prepositions. To be able to do so correctly requires one to have a crystal clear understanding of how to determine the part of speech of a particular word depending on the role the word plays in the sentence.

For can act as a coordinating conjunction but it can act as a preposition as well.

I can do anything for you. Here for is not a coordinating conjunction but a preposition
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2007, 21:15
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

BUT is just contradiction ;)
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 03:42
dwivedys wrote:
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
trivikram wrote:
dwivedys wrote:
financeguy wrote:
bmwhype2 wrote:

I will try

Vikram - Thanks a lot buddy. That helps.

BUT is one of the six coordinating conjunctions (often denoted by the acronym –

FANBOYS - For, and, nor, but, or, yet, so). As a coordinating conjunction of course, one of the functions of but is to join two independent clauses. However, as shown in the example above (consider anything BUT), BUT can also act as a preposition.

As a preposition it clarifies the relationship between the subject and what the subject ought to be considered (it would be insane to consider you anything but a serious player) - But plays the role of preposition clarifying that the subject (YOU) must be considered a serious player and that not considering YOU a serious player would be foolish.

Basically, i was trying to understand how to identify a word playing the part of a preposition when the word itself is not one of our standard prepositions. To be able to do so correctly requires one to have a crystal clear understanding of how to determine the part of speech of a particular word depending on the role the word plays in the sentence.

For can act as a coordinating conjunction but it can act as a preposition as well.

I can do anything for you. Here for is not a coordinating conjunction but a preposition

Cant agree more on the bolded RED :-D
  [#permalink] 14 Aug 2007, 03:42