Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LSE/Imperial/Oxford Msc Finance/Financial Economic - Chances

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
LSE/Imperial/Oxford Msc Finance/Financial Economic - Chances [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2011, 03:07
So I'm looking at applying for the LSE/Imperial/Oxford for Msc in Finance or Financial Economics and here's my background:

Graduated from a top liberal arts college in the US on a full scholarship and GPA 3.6 with major in Economics, internship exp in banking and consulting, followed by 1 year start-up experience in the silicon valley, and 2 years with a top international management consulting firm and currently based in Asia. GMAT 700. Completed CFA 1. I would like to switch into finance (corp finance/M&A) and thought this program could be very helpful.

I originally thought I would have a fairly good chance of getting in (I was previously admitted to the LSE MSc Mgt and Strategy program but decided against going) but then I understand the admissions rates are very low...

1. could someone please comment on my chances?
2. would it help if i get work reference? e.g. recommendation letter from a partner
3. What are the other safety choices I should look into? Preferably in London as well

Thanks guys!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
LSE/Imperial/Oxford Msc Finance/Financial Economic - Chances   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2011, 03:07