Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LSE vs HEC Paris MSF (SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

LSE (Msc in Finance)or HEC Paris(MSc in International Finance)

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: LSE vs HEC Paris MSF (SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!) [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 22:51
Cantona wrote:
jackolam wrote:
I am a Msc Econ student graduating this year at HEC.

Hands down worst school ever.

Only go to this school if you are French and/or planning to work in France. ( you need to speak French well)

There isn't much to be said about their programs because they aren't legitimate degrees.

Would you want to go a school where -

1. A program director can change the credits of a course at will becuase some students needed some extra credits to graduate?
2. Teachers not having PhD's teaching 'graduate level course'
3. Courses which are rehashes of undergraduate courses, adding no substantial depth
4. Career fairs which really suck
5. Teachers not speaking English instructing an English program (WOW)
6. 'Careers training course' is an extra 5 credit non-graded course to fit 90 ECTS teaching you in 30 minutes on 'how to network - ie remember to take down someone's email and name'
7. somebody in HR for a London firm who knows University of IOWA but not HEC.

Tough choice man.

Weird hate this is. I studied at a US bschool undergrad, and went to HEC for exchange. Just as an exchange student, I had offers and recognition within France immediately for having HEC associated with my name. I honestly think you didn't do your homework properly if this is the experience you had. Most of the people that I met there ended up at top tier firms (Goldman, JP Morgan, MBB, etc). Also, not sure how you go into a French school and get mad about people who don't have english as a first language and so forth...

Anyway, just wanted to comment on this since it did not represent the HEC that I know.

Cheers

-C

It's ridiculous how many people expect to go to a different country to study, then complain about the language difficulty.

Learn the god damn language if you want a job. Simple.

GMAT Prep 1 - November 25, 2013: 44 Q, 45 V, 720
GMAT Prep 2 - March 16, 2014: 47 Q, 42 V, 720

Re: LSE vs HEC Paris MSF (SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!)   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2014, 22:51