Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 04 May 2016, 08:30
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [3] , given: 0

M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2015, 08:24
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone.

M7 Financial is thrilled to be joining the GMAT Club community to answer questions about student loans.

M7 Financial focuses on the careers and student loan requirements of students and alumni. We are here to provide objective advice about student loan financing and you can take us up on a free student budget consultation so that we can discuss your specific concerns.

We look forward to answering as many questions as possible from you!

Sincerely,
Cory Pollock
Co-Founder, M7 Financial

M7 Financial
Free Budget Session | Student Loans | Resources

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2015, 11:47
I'm not sure whether this thread is still alive or not, but I did want to ask you if you also assist international candidates obtain loans? Further, for obtaining such loans, is guarantee from a US co-signor a must, or some other guarantee may be given? If one opts for the fixed rate model, what fixed rate do you generally charge for international candidates?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2015, 11:18
Thanks for reaching out to us.

Below is some information and advice. Hope it is helpful.

1. Contact the financial aid offices at your target schools to see if any of them have loan programs for international students

2. Many U.S. based financial institutions will consider you for a student loan only if you have a U.S. Based cosigner. The rate or pricing of the loan will typically be based on a credit evaluation of the borrower/cosigner.

3. Put together the strongest application package possible. The stronger your application, the greater the possibility of receiving scholarships that will limit the amount of loans that you could need. Check out mbaMission for tips on enhancing your application.

4. Check back with us in a few months as we are currently considering options for international students without a U.S. based cosigner.

M7 Financial

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2015, 20:19
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am trying to figure out whether it's possible to get accepted into a Canadian part-time MBA program but then get denied for loans because you already have some existing lines of credit with loans on the (approx 5 - 10k), and only one income? Do most MBA students get funding one way or another through banks/grants e.t.c?

I am trying to decide if I should study or not and want to nail this down first (obviously).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2015, 12:53
Thanks for the question.

There are many ways to finance an MBA. Examples may include any combination of savings, scholarships, private loans, government loans, family help, and employer sponsored programs. Preexisting debt does not necessarily preclude you from obtaining a loan.

I suggest you contact the admissions and financial aid offices of your prospective programs about financing alternatives including government loans, private loans as well as scholarships. While it is possible that a student could be accepted into an MBA program and then be unable to attend because of lack of financing; many overcome such financial hurdles to obtain an MBA.

M7 Financial

Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 54

Reviews Badge
M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2015, 08:43
Hi, I wanted to see if you have any suggestions for students wanting to study part-time mba and do not have a US based co-signer. I recently got admited to NYU Stern Part Time program. Total cost of tuition is $120K and I opted for 2 year accelerated program. I am of Indian origin on H-1B visa - Green Card in process - so technically not a permanent resident yet. I have been in the country for over 12 years now...

Here's what I know so far:

NYU listed following lenders for international students (PT program) who don't have US co-signer.
- BAEF MBA Fellowship - only for Belgian citizens
- Canadian Student Loan - only for canadian
- Prodigy Finance - all international students, but once I filled out the application I found it was only applicable for Full Time and Executive programs

What other financing options are available to students specifically for NYU Stern PT program, without US based co-signer.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2015, 22:16
Hi I was wondering when the time is right to decide the sources of financing. Specifically, Columbia Business School asks you to provide an approximate funding program at the application stage itself. How specific must I be with the 'distribution' of my soures of financing while applying.
I am an international student (Indian Citizen working in Dubai). In terms of getting a US cosigner, that shouldn't be the greatest difficulty.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2015, 16:03
With respect to sources of financing for part time international MBA students at NYU without a U.S. based cosigner, unfortunately I know of no other options other than those mentioned. If you have not done so already, if feasible, I suggest setting up a meeting with the program to discuss how other students in your situation have managed the financing requirements in the past. It could lead to some leads or resources.

With respect to how specific you need to be with your sources of funding, I suggest contacting the admissions office for guidance as to the required level of detail. It could be that you need not go beyond indicating that you have a U.S. based cosinger and intend to utilize student loans. Also, check out mbaMission for tips on enhancing your application. The stronger your application, the greater the possibility of receiving scholarships that will limit the amount of loans that you could need.

M7 Financial

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 14:05
Any news about no cosigner options?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 12:02
I would be interested to learn about no consigner loan for international students as well...

Thanks

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Re: M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2016, 12:02