Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Made a typo in my resume

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2008, 20:01
Please someone tell me that I'm not the only guy to make this kind of mistake. I went through my application to the Chicago GSB PT a thousand times to make sure that there were no errors but a week after submitting my application, I discovered that there is a typo in my 'expanded resume' that the Chicago GSB asks for. For one of my past jobs, I mentioned the end date as 1/2002 instead of 1/2003.

Should I be freaking out at this and send a corrected resume by email to the Adcom? Or will this only draw attention to that mistake and I should just cross my fingers and sit tight?

If it helps, this typo is for my part-time research assistant job in grad school so it doesn't count towards the full time professional experience months that they asked for.

Last edited by english_august on 21 Mar 2008, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 161 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2008, 20:04
I say, ignore it. Calling attention to a tiny detail may be perceived as poor judgement. If you had written 2003 instead of 2002, then atleast you have a case for owning up because in that case you are inflating your part-time work ex. There is no need to say that I under-reported my part-time work ex(not particularly important for the app) by 1 year. Good luck!
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2008, 20:37
I doubt they'd keep you out for this reason, so ignore it.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2008, 04:48
Thanks guys for the advice. I will ignore it and see how it goes.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1531 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2008, 07:26
As long as it doesn't appear that you have a one-year unexplained employment gap while NOT in school (it doesnt sound like you do), it's likely completely trivial. They'll be looking at your full time experience as the critical element -- not a research assistant role.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Made a typo in my resume [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2008, 18:44
I wouldn't worry about it either.

When I put my GMAT scores into my application I accidentally mixed up my Quant and Verbal scores.

I noticed it in a post-submittal review and emailed NYU about it. I knew they'd see the problem because the scores I put on my app would not match the scores that they received from the testing service.

I fretted about the mistake for a while, like you are, but in the end, they still accepted me. :)
Re: Made a typo in my resume   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2008, 18:44